LaurieB5578 Posts: 1,297
    Options
    I'm stealing all your ideas! thank you!
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Here is my most favorite and easiet:

Crockput Chicken Tacos

Throw boneless skinless chicken breast in a crockpot with a jar of salsa.

Cook on low 6 hours or high 3 hours.

Shred it up with a fork and serve on corn tortillas with whatever topping you want.

So easy and yummy!!
  • jlauren6
    jlauren6 Posts: 209
    Options
    Here are some of my favorites!

1. package of gnocci and throw them in a saute pan with a little olive oil until they get crispy, then throw some red sauce over them and serve with a salad.

2. I found these baked potatoes in the store that are pre-wrapped, you just put them in the micro for 6 mins! They are very quick...I use taco toppings, salsa, low fat sour cream, shredded cheese.

3. Toss a bag of fresh spinach in the pan with some olive oil, garlic and sundried tomato until spinach is wilted. In another pan I toss tiny cubes of tofu until crispy and add to the spinach mixture.

4. I buy a package of sundried tomato polenta, slice into ½ discs then crisp it up in the sauté pan with some olive oil and garlic. Then I cut up a tomato and chop some fresh basil. Layer the polenta and tomato, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with the basil. Lots of yummy flavors!!

5. I will fill some corn tortillas, (warm in micro first, then spray with cooking spray) with low fat refried black beans, you can also add a little low fat mozz cheese, then roll them up and bake at 375 for 15 mins or so. Simple and tasty.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options

Crockput Chicken Tacos

Shred it up with a fork and serve on corn tortillas with whatever topping you want.

So easy and yummy!!

Hmmmm!! I have a bag of Tyson froxen chicken tenders in my freezer. I wonder how long I need to cook it in the crockpot if they're frozen.
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I found buns at costco that tasted great and were super thin. They were 100 cals for the whole bun and my husband and I love them.. Just thought I would share..

Do you by chance remember the brand. We don't have a cosco out where I live only Wal-Mart and Safeway. I might be able to find them!!!
    Arnold Select Sandwich Thins are similiar. 100 calories per roll and no high fructose corn syrup, they are great for sandwiches, burgers etc..
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

Crockput Chicken Tacos

So easy and yummy!!

Hmmmm!! I have a bag of Tyson froxen chicken tenders in my freezer. I wonder how long I need to cook it in the crockpot if they're frozen.

If you put them in in the morning - they'll be ready but supper - I've done it - it's so easy and so good!
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I was looking for quick dinners tonight too. I have to do a long workout and walk and have a lot of other things to do. Soooooo.......I did a search. Heres a few I thought looked good:

BBQ Chicken Burritos
    TIME: 15 minutes
    EASE OF PREPARATION: Easy

1 2-pound roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (4 cups) (I'm thinking just buy shredded chicken already cooked and shredded :drinker: )
    1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
    1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
    1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed, or canned corn, drained
    1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    4 leaves romaine lettuce
    4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
    2 limes, cut in wedges

1. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, barbecue sauce, beans, corn and sour cream; stir to combine. Cook until hot, 4 to 5 minutes.
    2. Assemble the wraps by placing a lettuce leaf in the center of each tortilla and topping with one-fourth of the chicken mixture; roll as you would a burrito. Slice in half diagonally and serve warm, with lime wedges.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 353 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 3 g mono); 82 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrate; 33 g protein; 5 g fiber; 579 mg sodium.

Nutrition bonus: Fiber (24% daily value), Iron (20% dv).

2 1/2 Carbohydrate Servings

I would think just to prepare extra filling and freeze it for quick meals in the future.

BUFFALO CHICKEN WRAPS

ACTIVE TIME: 35 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes

2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce, such as Frank's RedHot
    3 tablespoons white vinegar, divided
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 pound chicken tenders
    2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
    2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
    Freshly ground pepper to taste
    1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
    4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
    1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
    1 cup sliced celery
    1 large tomato, diced

1. Whisk hot pepper sauce, 2 tablespoons vinegar and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
    2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders; cook until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Add to the bowl with the hot sauce; toss to coat well.
    3. Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, pepper and the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar in a small bowl. Stir in blue cheese.
    4. To assemble wraps: Lay a tortilla on a work surface or plate. Spread with 1 tablespoon blue cheese sauce and top with one-fourth of the chicken, lettuce, celery and tomato. Drizzle with some of the hot sauce remaining in the bowl and roll into a wrap sandwich. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 275 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 2 g mono); 55 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrate; 24 g protein; 4 g fiber; 756 mg sodium.
    Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (35% daily value), Selenium (28% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv).
    2 Carbohydrate Servings

15 minutes for the top recipe and 35 for the bottom. :drinker:
  • kellch
    Options
    Asian Salisbury Steaks with Sauteed Watercress

Makes 2 servings

ACTIVE TIME: 25 minutes

TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes

6 ounces 90%-lean ground beef
    1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
    1/3 cup chopped scallions
    2 tablespoons plain dry breadcrumbs
    2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, divided (see Note)
    1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
    1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
    8 cups trimmed watercress (2 bunches or one 4-ounce bag)
    1/4 cup Shao Hsing rice wine or dry sherry (see Note)

1. Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat the broiler. Coat a broiler pan and rack with cooking spray.
    2. Gently mix beef, bell pepper, scallions, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce and ginger in a medium bowl until just combined. Form the mixture into 2 oblong patties and place on the prepared broiler-pan rack. Brush the tops of the patties with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Broil, flipping once, until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
    3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add watercress and cook, stirring often, until just wilted, 1 to 3 minutes. Divide the watercress between 2 plates. Return the pan to medium-high heat. Add rice wine (or sherry) and the remaining 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce. Cook, stirring, until smooth, bubbling and slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Top the watercress with the Salisbury steaks and drizzle with the pan sauce.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 302 calories; 13 g fat (4 g sat, 6 g mono); 56 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrate; 21 g protein; 2 g fiber; 391 mg sodium; 611 mg potassium.
    Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (120% daily value), Vitamin A (70% dv), Zinc (27% dv), Potassium (17% dv).
    1 Carbohydrate Serving
    Exchanges: 1 other carbohydrate, 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
  • kellch
    Options
    Pecan Crusted Chicken drool.gif

Makes 4 servings

ACTIVE TIME: 30 minutes

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1-1 1/4 pounds), trimmed (see Tip)
    1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
    1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
    1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper (see Note)
    1 large egg white
    2 tablespoons water
    1 tablespoon canola oil, divided

1. Working with one piece of chicken at a time, place between sheets of plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet or heavy skillet until flattened to an even 1/4-inch thickness.
    2. Place pecans, breadcrumbs, orange zest, salt and ground chipotle in a food processor and pulse until the pecans are finely ground. Transfer the mixture to a shallow dish. Whisk egg white and water in a shallow dish until combined. Dip each chicken breast in the egg-white mixture, then dredge both sides in the pecan mixture.
    3. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add half the chicken and cook until browned on the outside and no longer pink in the middle, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Carefully wipe out the pan with a paper towel and add the remaining oil. Cook the remaining chicken, adjusting the heat as needed to prevent scorching. Serve immediately.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 281 calories; 15 g fat (2 g sat, 8 g mono); 66 mg cholesterol; 7 g carbohydrate; 29 g protein; 2 g fiber; 430 mg sodium; 376 mg potassium.
    Nutrition bonus: Selenium (34% daily value), good source of omega-3s.
    1/2 Carbohydrate Serving
    Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1/2 fat

TIP: Tip: It can be hard to find individual chicken breasts small enough for our recommended 4-ounce (uncooked) portion size. If yours are closer to 5 ounces each, remove the tender (about 1 ounce) from the underside to get the correct portion size. Wrap and freeze the leftover tenders; when you have gathered enough, use them in a stir-fry, for chicken fingers or in soups.

Note: Chipotle peppers are dried, smoked jalapeño peppers. Ground chipotle can be found in the specialty spice section of most supermarkets.
  • kellch
    Options
    OH!! I got these Chicken sausages stuffed with smoked mozzerella and spinache and they were SOOOOOOOO good!! Only 110 calories a piece :drinker: You could put em on a bun with whatever you like on a regular brat. But I put canned italian style tomotoes in the microwave just to warm it and put that on top with a little sprinkle of lowfat mozzerella cheese and just ate it like that. No bun. It was drool.gif good [/img] And I had it with a little side salad...just basic. Lettuce tomatoes cucumbers and fat free french dressing drool.gif
  • kellch
    Options
    ok ok......one more and I'm done :embarassed: (I'm hungry, can ya tell? :tongue: )

Turkey Sausage & Arugula Pasta

Makes 6 servings, generous 1 1/2 cups each

ACTIVE TIME: 30 minutes

12 ounces whole-wheat short pasta, such as shells or twists
    8 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage links, removed from casings
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    8 cups arugula or baby spinach
    2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
    1/2 cup finely shredded Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, plus more to taste
    1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta until just tender, 9 to 11 minutes, or according to package directions.
    2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, arugula (or spinach) and tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, until the greens wilt and the tomatoes begin to break down, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and keep warm.
    3. Combine 1/2 cup cheese, pepper and salt in a large bowl. Measure out 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid; drain the pasta. Whisk the cooking liquid and oil into the cheese mixture; add the pasta and toss to combine. Serve the pasta topped with the sausage mixture and an extra sprinkle of cheese, if desired.

NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 352 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 2 g mono); 30 mg cholesterol; 45 g carbohydrate; 20 g protein; 7 g fiber; 520 mg sodium.

Nutrition bonus: Vitamin A (30% daily value), Fiber (26% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
  • kellch
    Options
    2 Step Garlic Pork Chops

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. Vegetable oil

4 Boneless pork chops

1 clove Garlic, minced

1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Cream of Mushroom Soup OR 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup

1/2 cup Milk
    Preparation
    Directions:

HEAT oil in skillet. Add chops and garlic and cook until browned.

ADD soup and milk. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 10 min. or until done. Serve with couscous or rice, if desired.

TIP: Also delicious with Campbell's® Cream of Mushroom with Roasted Garlic Soup; omit garlic.
  • LaurieB5578
    LaurieB5578 Posts: 1,297
    Options
    kellch...everything sounds so good! can't wait to try your recipes! thanks for sharing!

264757.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter