NSV - a whole hour!

Options
Me and the OH have been working our way through the running plans offered in Runner's World and have finished the 5k plan, along with a couple of 5k races, we are now nearing the end of a 10k plan. This week's long run was supposed to be 45 mins but I set the treadmill for 60 mins to accomodate any walk breaks I might take.

And you know what? I didn't take any walk breaks and I ran for the full 60 minutes! I have NEVER run that long before and I was so so happy when I did! I just wanted to share that NSV!

Replies

• majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You go, girl! Great NSV!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Feels great doesn't it? Congrats!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    That is huge!! Love it when you push yourself a little bit and you can get past it...yay for you, that is a fabulous NSV!!
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well that is just Fan-freakin-tastic! Congrats :)
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
  • Ballybabe1
    Options
    fantastic, very well done, that is a top class NSV, good on ya.:bigsmile:
  • mistyladidah
    mistyladidah Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    YAY! I had a fraction of your nsv (only my fourth day and mostly alternated running and walking every minute for 40 minutes... went 2.66 miles!!) so I bet I only feel a teeny bit of how stoked you are! Congratulations!!
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well done, great work:smile:
  • bscormier
    Options
    Fantastic results!! I follow the running room system of training and I run 10 minutes and walk 1 minute. You would be surprised how far you can get by using this technique. I never feel guilty about walking my 1 minute!!
  • Tivo8MyNeighbors
    Tivo8MyNeighbors Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Tremendously awesome work! I'm proud of you! :)
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    YAY! I had a fraction of your nsv (only my fourth day and mostly alternated running and walking every minute for 40 minutes... went 2.66 miles!!) so I bet I only feel a teeny bit of how stoked you are! Congratulations!!

No way, we probably feel just as stoked as each other because everyone's NSVs are just as important as each others! Well done on 2.66 miles, that's awesome :).
  • bangersnmash90
    Options
    I follow the running room system of training and I run 10 minutes and walk 1 minute. You would be surprised how much farther you can get by using this technique.

I do that too, the plan has three runs a week, one is always speed intervals of shorter than 4 mins, one is similar to the way you do it where you run for longer intervals and finally the last run of each week is a long run. It's been really helpful and I've really enjoyed it :).
  • shellyt1
    shellyt1 Posts: 119
    Options
    Great job! Be proud of your victory!
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Brilliant NSV
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!