Anyone got a placenta I can EAT?

Options
I dont know....Would you do it??

I remember hearing as a teenager that your own urine was good to drink....
and a women's menses applied to acne was a cure....
And now, folks are eating there placenta....

If this is evolution, why does it sound like regression...IJS, what do you think?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with evolution or regression.

Anyway, people have been doing this for a long time. It's not new just because some celebrity did it.
  • blisterpeanuts
    blisterpeanuts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I think it's what other mammals do. I saw my cat do it after birthing a litter of 4.
  • lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Saw the guy on Bizarre Foods eat a cows placenta. i think it was a cow....
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Eating placenta is nothing new. I knew about this almost 20 years ago. Some women would make a soup out of their own placenta because it suppose to have some medical benefits from it. Would I do it? No. But I'm not going to knock those who do.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    They used to use it in Pantene Shampoo, didn't they? Or was that just a myth.
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    :laugh: Its meant to also make good lawn feed! Still though, you wouldn't wanna bring that home in a doggy bag!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    This is too close to cannibalism for me personally, but some cultures have practiced this for centuries and almost all mammals other than humans do this.
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Other mammals do it, and sometimes nature teaches the best lessons. I would totally do it. However, it would have it made into capsules...lol...I don't think I could just fry it up.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    My cat devoured it.
    I always wonder why women aren't driven to eat it. I mean it should be a mammalian instinct.
    People drink urine, that is pretty common for animals too.

monkey_drinks_pee.jpg

I saw monkeys doing this at the zoo before. It was pretty natural loo, there were kids their and it was just like looking at nature in action.
  • zebramama84
    zebramama84 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    This is far more common than you think !! the hormones & nutrients in it are really good for you ! you can now have it encapsule-ated so you dont have to eat it, I have never done it but know people who have, its super common in the area i live in !

it helps with iron levels and postpartum depression especially !!
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Other mammals do it, and sometimes nature teaches the best lessons. I would totally do it. However, it would have it made into capsules...lol...I don't think I could just fry it up.

LOL @ the thought of frying it up...it just sound funny
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    This is far more common than you think !! the hormones & nutrients in it are really good for you ! you can now have it encapsule-ated so you dont have to eat it, I have never done it but know people who have, its super common in the area i live in !

it helps with iron levels and postpartum depression especially !!

I have been living under a Rock!! I simply had no idea! wow
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Placenta Spaghetti Bolognaise
    Ingredients:

1 fresh placenta
    1 tblspn butter
    1 large can tomato puree
    2 cans crushed pear tomatoes
    1 onion
    2 cloves garlic
    1 tblspn molasses
    1 bay leaf
    1 tblspn rosemary
    1 tspn each of: salt, honey, oregano, basil, and fennel

Method: cut the placenta meat into bite-sized pieces, then brown quickly in the butter and olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 1-1.5 hours. Serve. Yummy!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    My cat devoured it.
    I always wonder why women aren't driven to eat it. I mean it should be a mammalian instinct.
    People drink urine, that is pretty common for animals too.

monkey_drinks_pee.jpg

I saw monkeys doing this at the zoo before. It was pretty natural loo, there were kids their and it was just like looking at nature in action.

Hahahaha! awesome pic
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    You learn something new everyday!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    Placenta Spaghetti Bolognaise
    Ingredients:

1 fresh placenta
    1 tblspn butter
    1 large can tomato puree
    2 cans crushed pear tomatoes
    1 onion
    2 cloves garlic
    1 tblspn molasses
    1 bay leaf
    1 tblspn rosemary
    1 tspn each of: salt, honey, oregano, basil, and fennel

Method: cut the placenta meat into bite-sized pieces, then brown quickly in the butter and olive oil. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 1-1.5 hours. Serve. Yummy!

Wowzers!
  • 8kidsmom
    8kidsmom Posts: 40
    Options
    No, I would not do it. I have heard of it, and agree mammals do eat theirs. However, some of them also eat their young when they die, so I do not think that is a good enough reason. People are created in the image of God, so that makes us different than the animals. I have heard that this helps with ppd and has other health benefits as far as that goes, and it may, I do a lot of things for health, but this isn't one of them! Is is not for me!
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hmmm that nobody has said "Gross, no way" "are they crazy" is freaking me out here.:noway:
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Hmmm that nobody has said "Gross, no way" "are they crazy" is freaking me out here.:noway:
    Well people don't usually react that way to things they've known about for years.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of medical benefits from it. But I can't even bring myself to eat sea food. I don't think I could eat my own placenta. I donated mine for research after my youngest. If the research is someone eating it, well more power to them.