What's your meal plan today??

Options
What are you eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

So far I have had key lime light and fit yogurt and red grapes

I am about to go get lunch which will probably be some sort of salad!

what about you?

Replies

• thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    Breakfast was 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese with 1 sliced up apricot and black coffee!!!! Yumm I love cottage cheese and apricots!
  • Deb1971
    Deb1971 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was 4oz homemade turkey burger with sliced tomato on a pita.
    Lunch was grilled chicken and sliced jicama with balsamic dressing.
  • faithinme
    Options
    Me too.. I love apricots.. but good ones are hard to find...

OK.. so for breakfast I had a bran muffin w/raisins and black coffee.. yum..

not sure about lunch yet, I didn't plan it out... however, I just may have a salad (someting local).
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Breakfast I had cereal and a cup of milk. Mid morning snack I had grapes and string cheese. Lunch I just ate a lean gourmet meal and a plum.

Later this afternoon I plan to have some granola and for dinner I am thinking a turkey burger and a salad or chicken breast with a salad and lite french dressing.

I usually total about 1400 calories a day.

Remember to eat snacks people :smile: and drink plenty of water :drinker:
  • thinsky
    Options
    I know they are hard to find and sometimes they are already rotten on the inside with mold, it is so sad when that happens, what a loss :cry:
  • thinsky
    Options
    It seems weird I know we are suppose to eat snacks, but they make me hungrier then if I dont eat them, it is like I get the taste of food and then I want more and more and more........
    Anyone else like that. Snacks are my downfall
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of snacks you're eating and how much time you are waiting in between.

I generally eat breakfast at 8:30. Snack at 10:30. Lunch at 12:30. Snack at 3 and then dinner when I get around to it. Sometimes if I have dinner earlier than I'll have a small snack around 6 or 7pm.

Also, if you are hungry in between that means your matobolism is kicking up. That's a good thing. Burn more without extra effort.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was:

30 min. cardio (LOL not food I know, but now it's how i wake up)
    1 cup grits, cooked
    1 package light hot cocoa (mixed in the grits, yum!)
    2 whole eggs
    1 cup coffee with 1/3 cup light soy milk and a tbsp splenda

Lunch was:

3/4 cup cooked whole wheat spaghetti
    4 oz. 90/10 ground beef
    1/2 cup natural chunky tomato sauce

Pre/post workout will be:

1 Dannon Light n' Fit yogurt
    1 med. apple
    1/2 cup Cheerios
    1/2 cup mixed veggies

Then I have about 700 calories left for 6-11 pm...probably will have rice with beef and veggies. My after-work snack is usually a granola bar or apple with string cheese.
  • thinsky
    Options
    My snacks are healthy, they are something like a lowfat cheese stick and a piece of fruit or I'll have some carrot sticks.
    Just makes me want to eat more......Sad I know
  • tiffers1003
    Options
    Breakfast was 1 c egg beaters; mixed veggies and 2 tbls 2% cheese steamed in the ziploc steamer bags I'm now obsessed with; with two Jimmy Dean turkey patties and 2 pcs of light whole wheat toast. Calories= 400
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Breakfast was my usual cup of tea accompanied by strawberries (1 cup)

Lunch was a chicken, lettuce and mustard sandwich with chips, string cheese and apple sauce.

Snack will be the holy Peppermint Patty I've been hoarding forever :laugh: and another cup of tea

Dinner is light chicken and dumpling soup (80cals! but a buttload of sodium) with a yeast roll (SO had surgery on his gums today so it's a dinner for him, I feel guilty eating too much in front of him so I ate a heavier lunch than usual)

Night time snack - I have no idea yet but you can bet there will be one!
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    8:30 am: old fashioned oats (1/2 cup dry) and two eggs (no yolk)
    11:30 am: salad with fat free italian dressing
    2:00 pm: fat free yogurt with an egg(no yolk)
    4:30 pm: cucumbers and baby carrots and choc protein powder in hot water with a teapsoon of splenda(tastes just like hot cocoa!)
    6:30 pm: grille 4 oz salmon with steamed broccoli(one cup) (preworkout)
    7:00pm workout
    8:30 : vanilla protein shake (vanilla protein powder, ice cubes, 1cup skim milk, 4oz vanilla yogurt blended) (post workout)

This is Body for Life "lifestyle" eating ;)
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    8:30 am: old fashioned oats (1/2 cup dry) and two eggs (no yolk)
    11:30 am: salad with fat free italian dressing
    2:00 pm: fat free yogurt with an egg(no yolk)
    4:30 pm: cucumbers and baby carrots and choc protein powder in hot water with a teapsoon of splenda(tastes just like hot cocoa!)
    6:30 pm: grille 4 oz salmon with steamed broccoli(one cup) (preworkout)
    7:00pm workout
    8:30 : vanilla protein shake (vanilla protein powder, ice cubes, 1cup skim milk, 4oz vanilla yogurt blended) (post workout)

This is Body for Life "lifestyle" eating ;)

Where are you getting all these yolkless eggs?!?! :laugh: :wink:
    You're missing out on about half the protein of the egg without the yolk.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Where are you getting all these yolkless eggs?!?!

I allow myself one yolk a day. I just haven't today. I don't really like the yolk anyways. When I scramble eggs I usually have 1 yolk for every 4 eggs. That's the recommended amount. Too much cholesterol and fat. Also, the egg white has 4 grams of protein while the yolk only has 1 or 2 grams.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Where are you getting all these yolkless eggs?!?!

I allow myself one yolk a day. I just haven't today. I don't really like the yolk anyways. When I scramble eggs I usually have 1 yolk for every 4 eggs. That's the recommended amount. Too much cholesterol and fat. Also, the egg white has 4 grams of protein while the yolk only has 1 or 2 grams.

It's actually about a 50/50 split, and only 4.5 g of fat in one yolk. Also, there is little evidence that supports that the cholesterol in eggs increases your LDL cholesterol, which is what you need to keep low. HDL cholesterol is protective. Egg yolk gets a bad rep, and it's good stuff. A whole egg is a complete protein and has the widest array of amino acids of any food.
  • sef218
    sef218 Posts: 9
    Options
    well so far breakfast I had 2 eggwhits fried in pam with 1 piece of melted fat free cheese on 2 pieces of 35 cal bread toasted
    2 cups coffee

then walked my neighborhood about 30 mins

having apple snack now and thinking about lunch probable salad with sliced grilled chicken 3-4 oz

the rest of day still unplanned
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    breakfast :clementine
    snack: string cheese
    Lunch: 4 oz chicken thigh meat only with a cup of brocolli and 1/6 cup of noodles
    snack: apple
    Dinner: 4 oz steak cooked in olive oil w/ a cup of green beans and a cup of spinach
    Snack: apple