Do you have a physical piece of motivation?

Options

Replies

• Baurus
    Baurus Posts: 27
    Options
    Nothing here. Just the mirror and old photos of me :D
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Awhile back I bought a couple of cute dresses in my "goal" size (they were on sale..and I'm a sucker for a sale LOL!), so now they hang in my bedroom as motivation. I also have two pairs of jeans I bought that were VERY tight when I bought them that I'm looking forward to being able to wear comfortably :)
  • abberbabber
    Options
    Kind of different, but back in college I used to put a little mark on my hand with pen so that i would see it any time I was reaching for a snack or something. A little reminder. Hah. Now I wear a cute ring on my snacking hand. :P

That is so cute! I love it :)
  • abberbabber
    Options
    This thread reminded me of those jeans I'd bought, so I decided to try them on today. And they fit! Woohoo! Wore them out to dinner with some girlfriends...guess I need new "goal jeans" lol
  • GrEyedRose
    GrEyedRose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    The jeans in my profile photo hung on the back of my bathroom door since I started my journey and I fit into them yesterday!

I also have a little, flirty dress I used to wear often hanging there. I will be VERY happy when I get back into it!!!

17188678_7813.jpg
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a dress which I am yearning to buy. It's the screensaver on my phone. I want to lose a dress size (currently a 12-14, would be happy with a small 12).

Whenever I get a craving to eat bread I look at that picture. I want to buy it in time for a wedding, which is in 7 weeks. So I'm going to try for at least an 8lb loss.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    The mirror, any one for that matter, and fit people in the gym.
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    yep! I have a picture of me at 220 pounds and the pants I wore and a picture of me at 115 pounds and the pants I wore.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    The climbing wall at the gym. I have to pass it every day to workout, and that is my motivation. I want to increase my upper body strength enough to climb it.
  • luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have a denim skirt that I wore when I was 19 (looooooong time ago!!) It hangs with my other skirts and pants. This weekend I tried it on AND IT FIT!!! I am going to go get a pair of size 8 jeans for my next motivator.
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I started the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution 3 weeks ago and she suggested making a Vision Board. I took pictures of me in my bikini (pre babies) and also pictures of my kids and husband and I cut out words from a magazine like: GO, Fabulous, all star. I glued all this to a poster board and hung it in my Living Room which is where I do my workouts. Very inspiring!!!
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    My belt. It's on the last notch. I can't wait to throw it away because it is almost too big.
  • andreaholloman
    andreaholloman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a dress . .a sassy little royal blue number that I have hanging in my closet . . .I WILL get there someday very soon! (In about 20 pounds!)
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    My bikini that I want to be able to wear this summer, my wedding Dress for this June, and my reflection in the mirror
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    My physical motivation:

Daytona675Side.jpg

I ride it every single day, and there's nothing more ridiculous than a fat guy on a little (if stupidly powerful) bike. I mean...we all know that the wind blows our shirts up our backs. Love handles at that point are SERIOUSLY unattractive.

Just sayin!
  • never4get
    Options
    Bridesmaid dress in the summer :D
    Also cameras and mirrors haha
  • navy1984
    navy1984 Posts: 57
    Options
    :smile: I just ordered a dress from ModCloth. It is currently hanging on my wall staring at me. I love it because it asks me things like, "really ana one more day off from the gym?" or "You really gunna eat that?" It can also be supportive and says things like, 'I am going to look fabulous on you!!' :wink:
  • Drudoo
    Drudoo Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My physical motivation are the medals and bib numbers from my 3 half-marathons and 3 half-ironmans hanging on my wall. Above them are my finishing times to track progress and to keep me moving forward.

Also the beer in my fridge is very motivating...
  • bestselve2012
    Options
    I don't have one...maybe I should get one!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    A killer dress, someone to show it off to, and a special place to go :)