Coconut Milk - Good for the mind

Options
I was told recently that drinking 8 ozs per day helps you think clearer and possibly helps against such things as dementia and alzheimers. Has anyone seen any information on this. I did manage to drink 4 ozs. but that is all I could drink. I figure thats better than none. Look forward to seeing your comments

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I heard it helped with weight loss??
  • smoten
    smoten Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I heard it helped with weight loss??
    i heard this too, but i think its because its supposed to make you poop.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have several friends who use brain boosting suppositories. They used to be stupid, now they are all really smart.

bb30med.jpg
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I come from a part of the world where coconut (in all its forms) is used in cooking in copious amounts on a daily basis. Near as I can tell, it gives us heart disease.
  • luztrella
    luztrella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Heart disease is generally caused by high cholesterol which causes atherosclerosis. Cholesterol is only found in animal byproducts and meat. If people who eat high amounts of coconut oil/milk/cream are getting heart disease, it is because of the meat that they are pairing with it, not the coconut products themselves.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I come from a part of the world where coconut (in all its forms) is used in cooking in copious amounts on a daily basis. Near as I can tell, it gives us heart disease.
    I come from the part of the world where everyone consumes wheat, and as far as I can tell, it gives us heart disease. :devil:
  • neanderthin
    Options
    Heart disease is generally caused by high cholesterol which causes atherosclerosis. Cholesterol is only found in animal byproducts and meat. If people who eat high amounts of coconut oil/milk/cream are getting heart disease, it is because of the meat that they are pairing with it, not the coconut products themselves.
    That as much a wrong statement as the coconut one.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I come from the part of the world where everyone consumes wheat, and as far as I can tell, it gives us heart disease. :devil:

LOL! I hope people didn't take me seriously (although I do come from a part of the world where there is high use of coconut, and we do have high incidence of heart disease). Correlation != Causation. I just don't like claims of 'This food will cure baldness, death and taxes too!'
  • neanderthin
    Options

LOL! I hope people didn't take me seriously (although I do come from a part of the world where there is high use of coconut, and we do have high incidence of heart disease). Correlation != Causation. I just don't like claims of 'This food will cure baldness, death and taxes too!'
    lol.......sorry, I missed the scarcasm. I agree.