Lots of Protein, Little Time

Options
Im trying to start my day with a good amount of protein first thing in the morning. Last week I had a hard boiled egg each day which wasn't bad but I feel like I was forcing myself to eat them.

Today I tried 2 scrambled eggs in the microwave with a little bit of Frank's Red Hot (only cause I heard that boosts metabolism) but that didnt sit well in my stomach.

So basically I need some suggestions for high protein and preferably low(ish) calories that can be made fast as I am always rushing in the morning.

Im thinking of getting some protein powder and making shakes in the morning but would like some opinions first.

Replies

• bangersnmash90
    Options
    bump for info :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,112 Member
    Options
    How about a fried egg on toast? Sprinkle a little cheese on it and add some hot mustard. Yum - one of my favorite 5 minute breakfasts.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
  • Pipergirl2
    Options
    If I'm not eating scrambled eggs with brocolli I will eat a greek yogurt with some cinnamon and, or granola in it. Taste good and keeps me pretty satisfied until my mid morning snack.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Im trying to start my day with a good amount of protein first thing in the morning. Last week I had a hard boiled egg each day which wasn't bad but I feel like I was forcing myself to eat them.

Today I tried 2 scrambled eggs in the microwave with a little bit of Frank's Red Hot (only cause I heard that boosts metabolism) but that didnt sit well in my stomach.

So basically I need some suggestions for high protein and preferably low(ish) calories that can be made fast as I am always rushing in the morning.

Im thinking of getting some protein powder and making shakes in the morning but would like some opinions first.

Turkey Pepperoni, Greek Yogurt, Light String Cheese, cottage cheese, and etc.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese,
    Greek yogurt
    light cheese
    milk
    Bacon,
    sausage
    ham
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    My staple breakfast is an egg on a bagel. Takes a couple of minutes, and according to MFP, is about 350 cals, 25 grams of protein.
  • LinzCurlyQ
    LinzCurlyQ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I drink a protein shake for my protein in the morning
  • KySny82
    KySny82 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    GNC Amplified Wheybolic 60 protein shake is only 93 calories per scoop, 0 fat, & 20 grams of protein. I just bought the chocolate and thought it was pretty tasty; it comes in other flavors as well. The bag actually recommends 3 scoops, but the woman at GNC told me to only use one scoop as I don't want to bulk up, just want my muscles to recover more quickly and rev up my metabolism.
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I like my protein shakes and the morning, and I usually have some oatmeal and a piece of fruit. For mid morning snack, I have some tuna with low fat mayo and green onions. I try to have some protein with every meal.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I usually eat fish or chicken breast. I also make an omlet with 2 egg whites, one whole egg, chicken sasuage and throw in some veggies. That alone is 49g of protien. I average about 120g all day & that is without protien powder or bars. Feel free to look at my diary for suggestions.

Good luck!
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    either a shake or homemade protein bars
  • luztrella
    luztrella Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would try tofu, it has more protein than beef per equal calorie count and you can cook it a million different ways. You can prepare many meals on one day and then just heat and serve. Be sure to get the non-gmo tofu.
  • amysuespears
    Options
    I've made plain oatmeal and added chocolate or vanilla protein powder to it (after it's cooked) with a little splenda. That's pretty yummy. Also, shakes work great. I have had a EAS 100% vanilla whey protein shake (low sugar/carbs) or the Morning Berry Atkins shake and then eat a piece of wheat toast or a piece of fruit so I can have something in my stomach. My favorite smoothie is a mango smoothie... it's easy:

1 scoop eas 100% vanilla whey protein
    1/2 cup frozen mango (you can use any frozen fruit.... strawberries work great too!)
    1/2 lowfat vanilla yogurt
    a little fat free milk to thin it out if necessary

Mix in a blender and serve. You don't need ice because the fruit is frozen. It's absolutely delicious!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt or cottage cheese. I mix mine with fresh fruit (ex: sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced banana, sliced apple, dried cranberries, raisins, etc.) and a crunchy whole grain cereal (like Kashi GoLean Crunch). =)
  • joeygirl84
    joeygirl84 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I prefer protein from
    - Baked chicken
    - Plain Yogurt with some peanut mixed in
    - Almonds
    - Whey protein powder, I use one that's 100 cal a scoop and I have with a snack before I work out
    - Weight Watchers cheese sticks are only 50 cal and 9 gr of pro!
    - Eat some tuna! or herring if you do fish :)
    - Slice cucumber or whatever veggie you like and have it with Weight Watchers cream cheese. I am not on weight watchers
    but it's calorie wise and the garden veggie flavor tastes great!. Has a good amount of pro too!

There are plenty more things. If I have egg its usually only the white... it's actually one of the last things I eat to get protein.

All the best!
  • angelapolite
    Options
    I've made plain oatmeal and added chocolate or vanilla protein powder to it (after it's cooked) with a little splenda. That's pretty yummy. Also, shakes work great. I have had a EAS 100% vanilla whey protein shake (low sugar/carbs) or the Morning Berry Atkins shake and then eat a piece of wheat toast or a piece of fruit so I can have something in my stomach. My favorite smoothie is a mango smoothie... it's easy:

1 scoop eas 100% vanilla whey protein
    1/2 cup frozen mango (you can use any frozen fruit.... strawberries work great too!)
    1/2 lowfat vanilla yogurt
    a little fat free milk to thin it out if necessary

Mix in a blender and serve. You don't need ice because the fruit is frozen. It's absolutely delicious!

I've done chocolate protein power in cream of wheat, YUMMY!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I've started doing a protein shake made with 1 scoop vanilla whey, and 1 cup almond milk. It's delicious, and clocks in at 170 cals, and 17 grams protein.

It's delicious and quick!