Pin Up Girls!!!!

Options

Replies

• SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Posters of women on the wall? Really? I don't know any guys who do this that aren't teenagers. It's one thing to glance at another women on the street, it's another to make a shrine for her in your living room. Go hunting and mount a deer head on the wall instead.
  • happypath101
    Options
    I don't know if it's a line or not, but I've been told by a guy that men like to look at a woman who's very thin, but they like to hold a woman that's got some padding. Hmm..... :O)
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    Don't you find pictures of hot people attractive? I know I do and I love my guy with all my heart and find him super hott! I find a wide variety of people attractive and don't have a certain type. I don't that is disrespectful to my partner and it certainly doesn't mean I want him to look any way other than exactly how he wants to look.
  • ajohn252
    ajohn252 Posts: 158
    Options
    My fiancée is the exact same when it comes to telling me he likes me the way I am (albeit without the added issue of the magazines). I think you might be a little sensitive here and in a way rightly so, but those girls are not real! They`re photo shopped beyond belief and probably more than a few have "fake parts". You're the real deal and it's great your working on your body to make yourself happier and he will get to reap the benefits of that as well ;) Anyway real is better than fake in my opinion 100%!
  • paleopin
    paleopin Posts: 47
    Options
    I kinda think this is one of those times to be grateful it wasn't something worse like a creepy fetish or something that would have been a dealbreaker. I think we can all agree VS models are super hot and they're not the skinniest type of model either high fashion basically keeps their models sick looking.... and i totally disagree too i think you should shoot for being a hot pin-up! i know thats one of my goals hahah
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he does like that type!!!! But doesn't want you to look like that because he's insecure!!!! And then other guys might look at you more!!! (I'm sure they already do, but you know what I mean!!!)
    I don't even understand the connections you had to make in your brain to jump from what she said to this conclusion.
    Don't let your insecurities get the best of you.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Unless he is NOT performing in the bedroom, assume that his comments about being happy with your appearance is the truth.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he does like that type!!!! But doesn't want you to look like that because he's insecure!!!! And then other guys might look at you more!!! (I'm sure they already do, but you know what I mean!!!)

I think my head just exploded
  • FoodieGal09
    FoodieGal09 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I look at it this way. My SO has been with me 100% throughout my weight gain and now my attempt to lose it. He didn't dump me when I got fat and I doubt he'll dump if I don't end up looking like Jennifer Aniston.
    Like it or not, you are more than likely stuck with your SO. :P
    He likes to look at playboy? Well, I've had my fair share of a gander at male bodies. Just because I can appreciate them, doesn't make my SO any less attractive to me.
    I love my SO and he loves me- pictures are just pictures. He is with you for a reason. So chalk it up to a bit of insecurity and don't dwell on it.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster above...he loves you for you. My hubby still has girls on his phone but he's a leg man and doesn't have the faces...so I photoshopped my own face on it and sent it back to him...lol! I'm not insecure about his love for me. It gets me motivated to get healthy for me AND for him :)

Has he noticed yet?
  • tscott10
    tscott10 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Many men love to look at picture and actual women of all kinds of shapes and sizes. Secretly many of them would never want the love of there life to be a pin up girl. They do not want to feel threatened by other guys that want to look at or be with you.

Losing weight will make you more attractive to other men and he knows what they will be thinking. Ignore it girl and lose weight for yourself!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Here is my take on this:

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with him having Playboys, and if he likes to keep them in a box so what. Besides, we know they have great articles! :bigsmile: I have had a subscription to Playboy since I was 18, and my wife is the one who renews my subscription every year. She doesnt look like the girls in the magazine either.

That said, I am sure he loves you as you are but he needs to show you some respect and take the ones off the wall and put the framed ones away.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Here's where you'll find the real "Pin-Up Girls"
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2742-pin-up-girls
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I totally get what you mean and I've wondered the same. I always try see things from both sides. For example...do I think Paul Walker is hot? Hells yea. Does my husband look like him? No but I am 100% attracted to my husband and I think he's smokin' hot...like beyond smokin hot!

Bottom line: Just because I think someone else is hot does not mean I think my husband is less hot.

You're beautiful, trust that he sees what we see!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Wow, he sounds like a douche. He shouldn't be looking at other women and while it's "sweet" that he tells you he likes you the way you are, he isn't supportive of you.

Not this! What a distorted view of men.
  • Shae3891
    Shae3891 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think men like to look at the 'ideal' and fantisize about what they can't have. And they 'Can't have' these woman becuase they know these women don't exist in the real world. My husband tells me he is a butt guy (I have nice perky butt) but he still likes to look at women with big breasts ( I'm pushing a full B cup on a good day). It doesn't mean he's lying to me or that I'm unattractive he's just a guy and they like to appreciate all differnt things about women. For example he is not necessarliy attracted to heavier women but will still appreciate thier larger chests. I say cut your guy and yourself a break, but if it bothers you, out of respect, I'd ask him not to hang these picutures in your new place.
  • xosmsox
    xosmsox Posts: 119
    Options
    Wow, he sounds like a douche. He shouldn't be looking at other women and while it's "sweet" that he tells you he likes you the way you are, he isn't supportive of you.
    ^^^ this is INSANE all men like to look at nude women of all shapes and sizes. He's completely normal and you're being insecure. It's ok but he's moving in with you! He obviously loves you! Can you honestly say you never look at brad Pitt, George Clooney, etc and not drool? Haha we are humans we all look. It's healthy and normal
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    This would be a bad time for a car analogy, right?

Joking aside, it's clear that he's actually trying to help you feel *more* secure about your relationship by stressing that he loves you as you are. That should speak volumes if nothing else does.
  • KSBassBari
    Options
    It's tough (if not impossible) to live up to "standards" like VS models or GQ guys. These people aren't realistic versions of the "fit" person, mostly because they spend their life working to be the models that they are. I had a doctor once (but only once, mind you, which certainly says something about the profession) tell me to find my ideal weight and work towards that. I'm still working, but I'm feeling healthier each day. My significant other has similar concerns to you, and I've told her multiple times that I want US to be healthy. I don't care what we look like - we're beautiful to one another, and in the end, that's what matter.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't care if someone liked to look at pictures. But, if a woman (or man) is a little insecure and their spouse or bf/gf is blatantly looking at glamor photos of other women/men, then the spouse should see that they are causing pain and quit. Why would anyone who supposedly loves someone, purposely hurt them? Everyone is not the same, so there isn't ONE answer. If the OP knew before hand, then she should have cleared up the issue before committing to the guy. But, if it's a "new habit", she has the right to object.