touchy subject?

Options

Replies

• ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I do.. and Im kinda used to them lol.. My bf doesnt even notice them either!
  • SSS1991
    SSS1991 Posts: 9
    Options
    ohhh yes indeed do have stretch marks...I hate them so much.
  • mum32008
    mum32008 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    yes i do i have lots on my hips, stomach and top of thighs, mine are from pregnancy as i gained a lot of weight then, i used to rub bio oil on them i think they felt smoother after but not sure if thats because i wanted them to, they have faded over the years and are a silver colour now, they dont bother me as much now as i think that like everything to me they are worse than they are to other people who see them
  • GailEMac
    GailEMac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I do hun.. I have had them since I was in my teens. I hated them when I was younger but now they are just a tiny part of me. Of course I am still conscious of them and wearing a bathing suit will always be a problem for me. I now have 4 children though and feel I am just a tiger who earned her stripes :)
  • Heidbummer
    Heidbummer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was *****ing about this to my GP once. I had them after pregnancy. She practically joined in! She advised they would fade over time (and she was right, they've gone totally now although I never had them very much.)
    She also said that younger mothers lose them faster and are more likely to lose them totally. I see that you are a mere strip of a lass at only 19, so your chances are good, as long as you can stop the yo yo thing.
    I've heard people swear by bio oil, but also zinc and castor oil cream is meant to be very good (and also cheap, but messy)
  • aphid
    aphid Posts: 47
    Options
    I have stretch marks that just randomly appeared when I was about 13. They're not that noticeable now, and nothing to do with weight loss or being overweight as I was fine then.
  • tenunderfour
    tenunderfour Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I also got them during pregnancy. I have them on my hips, thighs, and breasts. Only one tiny one on my stomach though. They have faded a lot with time..... and I love them. They are my badges of motherhood. :)
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It's not just the ladies... us blokes get them too.

I have some on my (flabby) tummy and my thighs, but maybe for us, it's less of a big deal :ohwell:
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It's not just the ladies... us blokes get them too.

I was about to say the same thing. I have stretch marks on the backs of my legs right underneath my posterior.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    they fade though, I have pregnancy and fat person ones, they are pretty much silver lines now and get better all the time. Try and keep your skin elastic and it should reduce them a bit but there isn't much you can do.
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I do, their not very noticable and i actually didnt even notice i had them until my mother pointed them out to me.
    They dont bother me though
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Not from Yo Yo dieting, I do have them from growing quickly as an adolecent. They've never really gone away. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that notices them, but they do bother me.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I saw this on FB: A picture of a naked lady (belly area only) with stretch marks. The words on the poster said "Your body is not ruined. You're a g**d**** tiger who has earned her stripes." I have to remember this the next time I look in the mirror & see mine.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I agree...we are all tigers who have earned out stripes! GRRRRRR!
  • bfbooty
    bfbooty Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    can you get BIO Oil where you are? if so it works wonders for stretch marks and scars e.t.c can take a few months but using it every day a couple of times a day def helps, if you can;t get it over there if you know anyone in uk or ireland maybe they could post some to you as it's def available there
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Accept what you can`t change!

I am proud of my stretch marks... 1) because two pregnancies = 2 healthy babies and 2) 50 lbs of weight loss ! So what`s left is my stretch marks.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    He'll only notice them if you continue to obsess about them and be self-concious. He loves you for you, flaws and all. If you are really that upset about them, start using bio-oil or one of the stretch mark creams. Don't sweat it! :flowerforyou:
  • jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    my stretch marks make me a tiger :glasses: i'm tougher than anyone who says any crap about it!!
  • jillopillow
    Options
    You may want to look at the wraps and stretch mark cream from It Works! They work very well to tighten and tone skin. My stretch marks look better and better all the time. www.jillsimmons.itworks.net. I have been using the wraps in my mid section and they really do work.
  • maganda_babae
    Options
    Ooo..."battle scars to show I won the war"...I like that!!:happy: