Day 1 (again), GAME ON!

Options
So I started my workout today and feel pretty good but feel like I could have done more. But I have learned in the past that if I start small and build up to hard impact workouts, I feel so much better. Because I am so out of shape and over weight, I pulled a muscle in my lower tummy area above the growing. I thoight I was going to die! I have 4 levels of workouts and today was THE STARTING LEVEL FOR BEGINNERS. Also threw in 4 sets of arm reps. Again, it's not much but it's a start and it's a hell of alot more that I did yesterday. Game On!:tongue:

Replies

• AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    :smile: WTG on starting again. I am starting again too (after being in the hospital and then stuck at home with limited activity for about 7 weeks). I did a 5K last week and am doing a lot of walking and stairs. You can do it!
  • abbezen
    abbezen Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Good job! We all have to start somewhere. Getting moving is the key. Keep it up!
  • Judys59
    Judys59 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    good job! I started 4 months ago and do an avergare of 30-60 minutes 5 days a week. I would like to increse this. In time!
    Judy
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Slow and steady wins the race :). Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    good job!! Keep of the good work!! :happy:
  • AlyiEli2017
    AlyiEli2017 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You did well. Dont give up amd give yourself credit!
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    day 1 again is always the hardest !!! keep it up !!! xx
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Great job. What did your workout consist of today? I always like to read what everyone is doing so I can change it up sometimes.
  • dizam
    dizam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Kudos on starting again, consistency is the key. You are doing a great thing for yourself, be proud and happy.

Good job!
  • bbuono9915
    bbuono9915 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love this app on my phone. Did pretty well for a couple of weeks, then went out of town with kids and 2 weeks later still chasing the wagon I fell off of. I believe I could be the Queen of Excuses. Just wish I wasn't doing this alone. Looking forward to the summer when my mom comes down for several months so we can motivate each other. But can't wait until then so here I go.....Back to the gym for my "Power" classes, my Wii Fit and Kinect, and logging EVERYTHING I shove in my face. Need to drop atleast 40 pounds in the next year for starters. Wish me luck!
  • leaholiver
    Options
    hey im in the same boat i have no family close so any support is good and myfitnesspal is very helpful with that. seeing what your eating really does help but its hard to stick with just keep at it! if you need some encouragement add me as a friend. i have to lose about 100 lbs to be healthy again! if i can do it you can do it!
  • Bluemmoon
    Bluemmoon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good going..I started again....Am a bit restricted to certain exercises b/c of my knee and shoulder.I really like fitness pal where I can see my progress..Losing weight the healthy way is the best.....
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Great job! Just remember you may not be there yet, but you're closer than yesterday!
  • Mrdoherty
    Options
    Yup day 1, again. Started P90X for the 1st time. I feel very energized. Feels good. Im glad my daughter is doing this with me. Its good for both of us.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. -Jim Ryan

You have started the journey, that's HUGE! You had a great Day 1, now build on that and watch what happens!