weight stuck!!!!

Options
How come I keep to my diet, i'm doing more exercise yet my weight is stuck.
I always seem to get to a certain weight and can't lose any more. Ive lost 9lb and am really pleased but for the last
3 weeks i have stayed the same.... i feel like giving up now!!!
Anyone with any advice, it would be much appreciated, Than you Hayley x:cry::cry:

Replies

• Batchoy
    Batchoy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have always got stuck in the past, but this time around I have gone through the barrier without stalling. The difference is that I have not pushed my weight loss this time around. Without seeing your diary it is difficult to tell what you are doing but my suggestion though it might seem perverse is to not try harder but to back off.

Don't give up but give yourself a week or so in maintenance mode - i.e aim for zero weightloss - and then start over again but go at a slower pace.
  • LReReed
    LReReed Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same position Haley....I've lost 10 pounds since January, but I haven't been able to lose anything in the past 2-3 weeks. I've been reading the message boards on MFP lately, and think I'm gonna try eating back my burned calories after working out. Hopefully, this will give me the kick I need to get back to losing up to two pounds a week.
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    me too ive not lost anything, since i started the 30ds 2 weeks ago, in fact ive put 3 pound on, lol.
  • MeliciousGibson
    Options
    I go through these phases where I drop a few pounds, gain a couple of them back and hold for a good 2-3 weeks. Then, one day I'll miraculously lose a few more, then pop back up one or two and hold for another 2-3 weeks. It's just the way things go for me, and while it is certainly frustrating, I have NOT ONCE thought about giving up!

Remember - you're doing this to be healthier. It takes time to make healthy changes in the body. It won't happen overnight! Keep vigilant and doing the right things, and you'll notice changes in your body, energy, etc. Don't let the bad foods win!!!
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I go through these phases where I drop a few pounds, gain a couple of them back and hold for a good 2-3 weeks. Then, one day I'll miraculously lose a few more, then pop back up one or two and hold for another 2-3 weeks. It's just the way things go for me, and while it is certainly frustrating, I have NOT ONCE thought about giving up!

Remember - you're doing this to be healthier. It takes time to make healthy changes in the body. It won't happen overnight! Keep vigilant and doing the right things, and you'll notice changes in your body, energy, etc. Don't let the bad foods win!!!

This is what happens to me too. Just keep plugging along. And be sure to take your measurements - while the scale may be going up and down, its a good bet those inches are coming off.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    And definitely eat back those exercise calories. Maybe even up your calories a bit. That worked for me.
  • yayagocrazy
    yayagocrazy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    its ALL in the math ... try to remember, when you started , you weighed 10lbs more then you do now, so you burned MORE calories with the amount of exercise you did... versus the amount you ate ... so , if you still do the same amount of exercise ,and stick to the same diet , its going to start to level off, because you weigh less... therefore burn less.

try increasing your weight training to build more muscle , which will help you to burn more calories ... and depending on how much you take in daily on calories...see if there is 100 less you can eat ...

or run an extra 1/2 hr , or run a little faster.... find a way to keep pushing !!

- I've been there and prevailed ! Sadly, i let it all slide and now i'm back to the beginning ... hoping to be here to find friends and get some motivation myself .. and stop beating myself up all the time

Good luck, i hope this helps . ...
  • EmeriaDewes
    Options
    Bump, it happen to me. Just keep going, not giving up. Good luck.
  • acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How come I keep to my diet, i'm doing more exercise yet my weight is stuck.
    I always seem to get to a certain weight and can't lose any more. Ive lost 9lb and am really pleased but for the last
    3 weeks i have stayed the same.... i feel like giving up now!!!
    Anyone with any advice, it would be much appreciated, Than you Hayley x:cry::cry:

ah dont give up Hayley, it takes time! You are probably losing fat and gaining muscle, or will drop a few lbs in a few weeks again! thats what happens to me! be patient! get the WW scales, it gives u your body fat, because some weeks my weight stays the same but my body fat goes down! be patient!
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    its ALL in the math ... try to remember, when you started , you weighed 10lbs more then you do now, so you burned MORE calories with the amount of exercise you did... versus the amount you ate ... so , if you still do the same amount of exercise ,and stick to the same diet , its going to start to level off, because you weigh less... therefore burn less.

try increasing your weight training to build more muscle , which will help you to burn more calories ... and depending on how much you take in daily on calories...see if there is 100 less you can eat ...

or run an extra 1/2 hr , or run a little faster.... find a way to keep pushing !!

- I've been there and prevailed ! Sadly, i let it all slide and now i'm back to the beginning ... hoping to be here to find friends and get some motivation myself .. and stop beating myself up all the time

this doesn't seem like the best advice, workout harder but eat less? Its hard to suggest any tips for you unless we can see your diary and can tell what you are eating, how much vs your workout burns. FOR ME eating more and backing off the intensity of my workouts seemed to help out. Just remember your body needs fuel!!!!
  • Batchoy
    Batchoy Posts: 19 Member
    Options

this doesn't seem like the best advice, workout harder but eat less? Its hard to suggest any tips for you unless we can see your diary and can tell what you are eating, how much vs your workout burns. FOR ME eating more and backing off the intensity of my workouts seemed to help out. Just remember your body needs fuel!!!!

I have to agree, driving yourself harder isn't the solution to a plateau, I've been there done that, failed to lose more and given up too many times for it to be the solution. Though perverse backing off and slowing down appears to work.

When it comes to my calorie allowance and those I gain from exercise I don't see them as potential additional weight loss but as something than needs to be consumed to fuel my body, however I always leave as small buffer to account for any under counted calories consumed and over counted calories burnt through exercise.
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, I've been stuck at the same weight for 3 weeks, and I have no idea what to do. Maybe I should try these suggestions. Thanks guys!!

14877786.png
  • hayleywalesuk
    hayleywalesuk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support, please add me, maybe we can all help each other xxxx