Need some advice

Options
I started a diet and lost 22 lbs in 30 days but i have not lost any weight in 3 weeks now.Im eating 1200-1500 cals. a day and jogging/walking 3 miles and 20 stands a day also 30 min. on a bow flex. why am I not losing any weight.

Replies

• LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    No idea, but its probably because your body is in shock from losing so much weight in such a short amount of time! 22 lbs in one month, its amazing!! The typical loss is about 1lb a week, so you can see that your loss is a bit faster. I woudn't worry about it too much, keep up the healthy eating! Maybe switch up your workout routine and incorporate something different then the bowflex, could get you over your plateau! :drinker:
  • Tinker73
    Tinker73 Posts: 45
    Options
    I agree as well.Sometimes you have to shake up the routine to get over an plateau.You have to keep your body guessing at all times.I had to overcome a few plateaus myself and this is how i accomlished it.:flowerforyou:
  • omid990
    omid990 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    this is called a plateau. it means that your body has become used to the routine. in order to break a plateau, one or more of the following can help:

1)eat all your exercise calories if you are not doing so
    2) drink half your body weight in oz of water
    3) increase exercise intensity or change your exercise routine
    4) add 100-200 calories to your daily allotment

hope this helps
    :heart: aisha
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Get a tape measure.
    Even though you might not be losing any more weight, you could be losing inches.
  • deac
    deac Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will work on it not ready to give up yet