5'1" what is your daily cal target? Activity?

Options
AmyLRed
AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
So, those ladies in or around my height, what is your daily calorie goal? and your activity level? I am 5'1" and originally was a 1200 cal eater, but upped it to 1400 after awhile. That worked great, and i am currently plateaued a bit, so just curious what level you all are eating at!

I currently do fitness classes 3x week, usually a bootcamp type on Tuesday, weight lifting (like body pump) on Thursday, plus 60 min of cardio kickboxing, then kickboxing and another class (sometimes walk/run, sometimes hula hooping, etc) on Saturday.
SW was 193.6, CW 148-153

I am getting ready to add in Runs a few times a week as well, and just not quite sure if i should increase my cals again.

Please share, if you dont mind:)

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have only been at this for a month or so. I started at 1200, and about 2 weeks ago, upped to 1300 NET. I'm eating somewhere between 1400 and 1600 calories a day, depending on what I'm doing in terms of a workout. My weight loss goal is pretty small, and I'm more interested in fat loss and building muscles.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1. I am eating about 1350 daily and burning 400-600 4-5 days per week. I play softball once a week, ultimate frisbee once a week, and 2 boot camp type workouts each week with a trainer. Some weeks I throw in an exercise video at home. I notice some weeks I won't lose anything, and others I lose double what I expect.. I've lost 40 so far. I'm also thinking about doing the couch-2-5k plan in addition to my normal workouts. If I do start running as well, I will definitely need to up my calories to probably 1600.

good luck..
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    thanks ladies, for your replies! I should add that my 1200 and 1400 i did mean NET cals, not just eating. I eat back 65-100% of my exercise calories.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    5'2", I eat roughly 1500 cal a day, aim for 90-100 grams of protein.

I have a free day on the weekend once a week. (no calorie counts that day)

I workout about two hours a day, 4 days a week. (M-TH)
    One day is a 60 min AM workout only. (FR)
    2 days are rest days (S-S)

M-W-F Its Resistance Training with heavy weights in AM for 60 min, (P90x and P90x2) with added 60 min of cardio in PM.Treadclimber intervials (M,T,W,TH)

T-Th - AM cardio workout or various types with DVD 60 min, and PM Treadclimber intervals for 60 min

I have lost roughly 60 pounds total, at my goal "size" now. (I judge size, not scale weight, as I weight heavy due to added muscle, dont care about scale number) Mainly working on lowering bodyfat at this point, not so much pounds.

My goals are clothing size and inch loss.
    Have done 1200, 1300, 1400, and staggered cals (and higher) Stalled at lower ranges, gained at higher.

Its difficult to find a perfect cal goal when close to goal weight. Its a challenge for me also. I am still crunching numbers.

Make sure you are eating enough carbs and protein, when those get to low, I stall on weight loss, and or lose strength or energy on workouts.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5ft - 170lbs - Daily calories 1600.

I run 3 times a week, and do some bodyweight strength exercises at home.
  • bfitzzy
    bfitzzy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing the right things! I'm 5'2 (135 lbs) and I eat a minimum of 1200 net. The more calories I burn, the more I get to eat! Try mixing up your workouts and try intervel training (weights or cardio or both!)
  • indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options
    i mix it up 1400, 1300, 1200, 1300, 1400, 1300, 1200 and do a different version week after and so on, keeps metabolism burning and i dont feel deprived as on a lower day i think, well i can have that extra snack tomorrow xx
  • tiffaneenicole
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I eat anywhere from 1600-1700 calories/day. I do lift heavy and do HIIT cardio 3 days/week. Don't forget - you have to eat to lose... 1200 calorie diets rarely produce the results you want!

Hope that helps!

Tiffany
    www.tiffanystaples.com
    www.heandsheeatclean.com
  • MissesJai
    MissesJai Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and am on my 3rd week of P90X - 3 days strength/3 days cardio/1 day rest or alternate, which in my case is swimming. When I started, I was at 1300 cals. My BB coach recommended I up it to 1500. Once I did that, I started seeing real results.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2" and sedentary; I'm recovering from an injury and can only walk slowly and do a little strength training. My daily target is around 1,200.
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    Im 5ft, this time last year i was eating around 1200 and losing, then about october i hit a plateau, so i upped it abit, then up to 1600 up until the end of march last month. Still at a plateau so thats like7ish months now. So this week im back down to 1100-1300 again, but this time with 1 cheat day per week where i will eat like 3000 of anything. If i work out my cals weekly it still leaves me with a deficit to lose 0.5-1lb per week. Hopefully i will beat this plateau :(

Feel free to add me guys, i made this account ages ago but only started using it saturday.

My exercise:
    I completed insanity, no results lol
    Im now jogging 3-5 times a week, and doing a insanity workout on the days i dont run. Friday and sunday i do nothing :)
  • prettybub
    prettybub Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Im just 5 2..173 lbs and Im currently on 1330. But actually upping it to 1450 today. I stalled out a little and know its because Im not eating nearly enough. Most days I try to eat back my exercise calories but I dont always make it to 1200 net. So I am working on getting in more of those calories. I work out 6 days a week. A combo of cardio and strength.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I eat 1840 lift weights for 45 min 3x a week and run atleast 3miles 3x a week. I do not eat my calories back.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Five feet, target around 1500, but usually eat less. Walk 2 hours a day five days a week, sometimes an extra few hours of walking on weekends with hubby. Also do circuit training a few days a week.

Working for me so far.
  • sionnain
    sionnain Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and I only want to lose like 5 lbs, but it's impossible. My target is 1200 calories per day but I exercise and I find that really hard to maintain after a while. So i'm eating like 1400-1500 most days. yesterday i guess i gave myself a free day and ate 2300 :(

but i feel like even if i ever do lose 5 lbs which i probably will never do, my calorie intake to maintain will have to be ridiculous, still. since my BMR is like 1190-something and i sit all day at a desk for my job.

i do work out 3 times a week at the gym for an hour or so. i just feel like it's impossible to be this short. and maintain and not be hungry all the time.
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    5'2" SW 162.4 CW 148.7 just upped from about 1200 net to 1440 about 1.5 weeks ago. I have been pretty much staying about the same weight for 3 weeks. I have also had a few days that were bad in there.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, I also started at 1200, upped to 1300, and now I am at 1470. I workout 6 days a week, but have a desk job.

This past week I decided to not eat extra for exercise calories because I had over done if for a few weeks. I usually burn around 300-350, so basically I just ate around 1500, and I had a really good loss for the week. I had been stuck at 158 for a flipping month so I was happy to see the scale move.

I am contemplating just eating 1500 a day and sticking to my workout routine for a few weeks and see if it keeps the scale moving.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 1.8in, and my goal is 1626 calories per day. I burn anywhere between 50 and 500ish doing exercise. If I drop below a net of 1519, I eat back until I'm back between 1519 and 1626.

I'm sedentary - I work up to 15 hours a day at a desk, and my work-outs happen in my spare time and aren't particularly long. I run, walk, cycle and occasionally play Kinect.

Starting weight was 174lbs. Now on 153.4lbs.
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and net 1200-1375. My total cals are usually 1600-1700 per day.

I workout 6 times/week for 35-45 minutes (burning 300-400 calories each time).

This system has worked beautifully for me! :)
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and I only want to lose like 5 lbs, but it's impossible. My target is 1200 calories per day but I exercise and I find that really hard to maintain after a while. So i'm eating like 1400-1500 most days. yesterday i guess i gave myself a free day and ate 2300 :(

but i feel like even if i ever do lose 5 lbs which i probably will never do, my calorie intake to maintain will have to be ridiculous, still. since my BMR is like 1190-something and i sit all day at a desk for my job.

i do work out 3 times a week at the gym for an hour or so. i just feel like it's impossible to be this short. and maintain and not be hungry all the time.

I know how you feel