cooking shrimp? HELP

Options
I am cooking shrimp with some "Zatarain's new Orleans" rice... How should I cook the shrimp. Any recipes?

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    You can add them to the rice about 4-5 minutes before it's done (shrimp cook quickly), or saute in some olive oil in another pan, or skewer them and grill with some lemon juice and cayenne.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    or you can boil them with some seafood/crab boil...I think Zatarain's makes one of those, too :smile:
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Cook them just for a few minutes! I cook mine with fresh garlic- nom nom nom
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sautee those babies up in some EVOO and garlic. . . delicious. You can also put them in the oven:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/new-orleans-barbecue-shrimp-10000000340017/
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I boil my shrimp in crab boil...:happy:
  • kabirsankar
    Options
    Sautee with garlic is the best and squeeze some lemon juice over after when ready to eat! if you like spice add some cayenne :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If they're frozen and pre-cooked, I just run them under hot water until they're thawed, then toss them into the mix when it's done. The heat of the rice will warm 'em to the right temperature. Otherwise they shrink like George Costanza in a cold ocean.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Deshell, devein heat up pan and render some bacon in it, set bacon aside, throw in shrimp till cooked through add back in bacon and serve over rice
  • dorioreo
    dorioreo Posts: 123
    Options
    Ok, thanks guys!