Turning 40 have you motivated?

Options

Replies

• divalivious
    divalivious Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    It definitely has motivated me. I am going to be 38 this summer and I have a whack of weight to lose and I just went I dont want to be fabulously fat n 40 but fabulously FIT n 40. For some reason this time has actually clicked and this site is helping huge.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I turned 41 in December but it wasn't my age that prompted me to get off my big butt. Sadly, my mind still thinks I'm in my 30's and in some cases, 20's but my body (metabolism) truly is in it's 40's.

I SOOOOOOOOO wish I'd had the motivation/desire to do this 10-20 years ago!
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I just turned 39 this weekend. I feel like I turned 390.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I turned 41 in December but it wasn't my age that prompted me to get off my big butt. Sadly, my mind still thinks I'm in my 30's and in some cases, 20's but my body (metabolism) truly is in it's 40's.

:drinker: This is me too!!! :laugh:
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    For me it was a whole host of things but I would say up at the top was being near 44 and weighing 277. I'll be 45 tomorrow and I'm a changed woman with dropping 112 pounds in one year. Stick with it :-)
  • TheMissingSock
    Options
    it didn't start out that way, but my girlfriends and I are going to Vegas in October to celebrate our 40th birthdays, and I hope to be at or close to my goal weight by then!
  • gastankerdriver
    Options
    My forties have been the best time of my life. I eat better, I am healthier, I am smarter, stronger, more money. You should have your head screwed on pretty good by the time you are in your forties so it is time to enjoy life. Have fun!!! Your life is just getting started. You will see what I mean, soon.
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Absolutely--will be 40 in August and I definitely am motivated to be way more healthy by then!
  • tilfordj
    tilfordj Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My forties have been the best time of my life. I eat better, I am healthier, I am smarter, stronger, more money. You should have your head screwed on pretty good by the time you are in your forties so it is time to enjoy life. Have fun!!! Your life is just getting started. You will see what I mean, soon.

My early forties have been a little rocky....but once I got over the bump, life is GREAT.......it's not the age that did it for me....it is the wonderful new relationship that I am in that got me motivated
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I turn 40 in January and am hoping to finally be done with this stupid weight loss by then! I've spent all of my 30s overweight and struggling, and frankly I'm sick of it.
  • cejubitz
    cejubitz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 was one of my major motivators. Of course I had other reasons for wanting to be in better shape, but I thought that if I can't be in good shape now, that I sure won't be in good shape in 20 years. I have met people my age who were completely disabled due to their own lifestyle choices. I don't want to be that person, now or in 20 or 40 years.

I turned 40 yesterday. But I am in much better shape now than I have been in a long time. I tell myself that I am going to make 40 FABULOUS!
  • Jewel0124
    Jewel0124 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    For me it was turning 42 and tired of knee pain. I feel so limited with the bad knees. I'm ready to be free and happy. And as my good friend Cathy says it's not 40; it's 21 with experience. :wink:
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I will be turning 40 in September, and I always loved to work out. Now I work out even more I want to be Fit Fabulous Forty :drinker: :smile:
  • FireballStrike
    FireballStrike Posts: 85 Member
    Options

^^^ This! Like the OP, 40 was definitely a motivator. Having support in real life, MFP and a determined attitude makes all the difference! Strap in and enjoy the ride! Cheers!
  • mygrlz02
    mygrlz02 Posts: 32
    Options
    For me it was turning 43 and being 240 lbs...saw a picture of myself and couldn't believe that was me...looked nothing like I saw myself or the athlete that once was...I have lost 42 lbs so far and I won't look back now.

That's awesome progress! Keep it up and let's keep motivating one another. Add me people!! We can do this....
  • mygrlz02
    mygrlz02 Posts: 32
    Options
    For me it was a whole host of things but I would say up at the top was being near 44 and weighing 277. I'll be 45 tomorrow and I'm a changed woman with dropping 112 pounds in one year. Stick with it :-)

That's awesome...I hope to be able to say the same. Let's keep motivated!!
  • paulmrice
    paulmrice Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 in June was my motivator. 15 more pounds to go to get to my goal.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    You have the right mindset for sure. Definitely need to be mindful of changes in the body when you hit 40 but the aging process can be slowed down and you can even be better in your 40s than your 20s because you are wiser and smarter about taking care of yourself and working out. I'm about 3 lbs away from my college weight when I ran track. Moreover I workout nearly every day and eat soooooooo much better. Motivated at 45. Hell yeah!!!!!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I turned 39.. I mean 40 LOL on April 12th.. Like my profile says "goodbye 30's Hello fit 40's".....
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Oh turning 40 is a huge motivator for me. When I turned 39 on March 1st this year, I made the decision that I would not hit 40 as a fat woman. I am making changes in my lifestyle which mainly needs to include exercise. I now have 10 1/2 months til the big 40 and I want to drop 50. It will be a challenge but one I am totally up for!!!!