Cold peanut butter on toast...

Options
Hi all,

So i LOVE peanut butter on toast (no added sugar on granary toast)...but there is no toaster at work. If i made the peanut butter on toast the night before and kept it in a tuppaware box would it be ok to eat cold the next morning or will it taste weird?

thanks! xxx

Replies

• TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    Cold peanut butter is absolutely delicious.
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Will still taste good I reckon, toast might not feel so great though, bit soft. NOTHING beats peanut butter on a slice of warm toast. :wink:
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Will still taste good I reckon, toast might not feel so great though, bit soft. NOTHING beats peanut butter on a slice of warm toast. :wink:

i KNOWWWW!! my absolute favourite!!! may have to start getting ready quicker in the morning so i can make some toast to eat in the car! mmmmmmm! xxx
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I'm not picky, so I would eat it cold, but there are single serving squeeze packets of peanut butter, if you don't like soggy toast.
  • kym117
    kym117 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Sitting munching crispbreads on peanut butter now, they make a good alternative to bread and only 29 cals each. Maybe worth a try? I don't imagine the toast would do so well overnight.
  • laurieh92
    laurieh92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    PB on a slice of freshly toasted bread (with skim milk!) has been my favorite snack for ages. But that means: I don't abuse it. It is not exactly low-calorie, so I only eat it when I can enjoy it in its "ideal state" to get most enjoyment from it. And I find few things as unappetizing as cold toast! Just my perspective.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Or you could have a conversation starter in the office if you put it on a radiator to warm it up :wink:
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    PB on a slice of freshly toasted bread (with skim milk!) has been my favorite snack for ages. But that means: I don't abuse it. It is not exactly low-calorie, so I only eat it when I can enjoy it in its "ideal state" to get most enjoyment from it. And I find few things as unappetizing as cold toast! Just my perspective.

I get the whole earth peanut butter with no added sugar. Contains good fats and only ever put max of 20g on toast. yummm xxx
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Sitting munching crispbreads on peanut butter now, they make a good alternative to bread and only 29 cals each. Maybe worth a try? I don't imagine the toast would do so well overnight.

Thanks hun!! yeh i normally have it on oatcakes or rice cakes if i can't have toast. yummmmm! xxx
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Or you could have a conversation starter in the office if you put it on a radiator to warm it up :wink:

hahha if only there were radiators in my office!!! boooo. im tempted to bring in my own toaster though :)
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Bump for more responses/suggestions :)