Running with an iPhone

Hello! I currently run with my iPhone which has two apps on it, iMapMyRun and Zombies, Run! I love that the map my run logs how long it takes me to run each mile and uploads my gps course onto the website for me to look at. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE running to the stories in the zombie one!

My question is, do any of you who run with an iPhone know if you can use two running apps at one time?

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    I haven't tried, but I'll bet you can. I use Mapmyrun or RunKeeper, but either work well. Mapmyrun seems to hold the GPS signal better for me, not sure why. Sometimes I use my iPod music at the same time, but haven't tried to run both GPS apps.

Love my iPhone...
  • Paul_Kent_UK
    Paul_Kent_UK Posts: 63 Member
    Yes, if they will both run in the background they will share the GPS input.
  • geckofli
    geckofli Posts: 155 Member
    zombie run? tell me more about this app please, i use run keeper
    but i love zombie movies and everytime i push myself to run longer i always get a giggle when i thimk yeah i could out run a pack of em
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 335 Member
    I run with my iphone using the stopwatch for the lap times. I love it! i also have a running playlist to get me motivated. I am going to download the two apps you are talking about as I haven't been able to find a good running app. You can use a tracking app and the stopwatch app along with the music at one time but the iphone is not really designed for running multiple apps at the same time. I run with a friend who also has an iphone so sometimes she will track while I do the timing for the laps. Good luck with the running!
  • hannahlbur
    hannahlbur Posts: 221 Member
    I like runkeeper. I've heard of the zombie one sounds funny! I do run/walk intervals so no doubt the zombies would get me. I wondered this too if I could run both at the same time not sure!
  • PandaPop87
    PandaPop87 Posts: 131
    I really want to try and get myself into running as I know it's a fabulous workout - I am d/l the zombie app as we speak! Thank you for the inspiration :)
  • Cruz2Fit
    Cruz2Fit Posts: 159 Member
    I checked out the Zombies, Run! App... Looks like a lot of fun, thx for sharing!