Having to Fart on the elliptical machine??

Am I the only one that tends to have gas right in the middle of my workout on these damn machines?

Replies

• iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Maybe it's because you're working all that poo down. I usually get on a machine, get into a groove, and immediately have to pee. Really puts a damper in the workout.
  • BAAAAAH!! I KNOW!!!!
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    LOL I hate those wobbly boards / vibrating plate things - never liked how they made my butt itchy!
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Maybe it's because you're working all that poo down. I usually get on a machine, get into a groove, and immediately have to pee. Really puts a damper in the workout.

Me too! But the elliptical in my enemy. As soon as I get on the treadmill though, I have to pee. Doesn't matter if I just peed ten minutes ago, I still have to.
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    LOL...:laugh: I have NEVER had this problem....I hope I never do. I think if it ever happened to me I would be so embarrassed I wouldn't show my face at the gym!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member

Me too! But the elliptical in my enemy. As soon as I get on the treadmill though, I have to pee. Doesn't matter if I just peed ten minutes ago, I still have to.

THANK GOD. I was thinking I was the only one that has to pee the second I get on a machine. I hate the looks I get when I step up to get on the elliptical or treadmill and BAM, have to step right back off. :laugh:
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    I have that problem too. It seems that exercise tends to get things moving in the intestines. My son says let it loose nobody will ever know. : }
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Only if I eat bean soup prior to working out.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 510 Member
    I usually get on a machine, get into a groove, and immediately have to pee. Really puts a damper in the workout.

This is me! And the gas usually happens during crunches, which sucks because I usually end up laughing!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Similar problem, I workout 1st thing in the morning and I need to use the head 3 times before I am done. It's like clockwork?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Any exercise will push gas through the intestines.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    :laugh: I fart all the time when I work out. When I went to the gym, I used to feel horrible for the people next to me.
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 350 Member
    You are not alone. Just... try to hop off and fart on your way to the water fountain, out of courtesy to anyone next to you. lol.

Being a spinning instructor has its perks... I am up in front of the class, the music is loud, and I'm nowhere near anyone else, so I am pretty sure my fart stink stays localized around me. I should have my friend Heather sit up front one day after black bean soup for lunch and find out if I'm right... hmmmmm.
  • NPS1985
    NPS1985 Posts: 79 Member
    :laugh: I fart all the time when I work out. When I went to the gym, I used to feel horrible for the people next to me.

LOL:laugh: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES, Sometimes I feel the same way!!!!!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    only had it happen once, it was awful!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    TMI....but it's normal.

:flowerforyou:
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 615 Member
    Every time I get on the treadmill the gas builds up in the middle of a good run. Most efforts to hold it in are futile.
  • Happens to me too. I just make sure the fan is blowing at me from the front! :laugh:
  • :blushing:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,024 Member
    Much worse when I am squatting or doing deadlifts....