logging zumba and zumba wii

Options
Hi

I'm new, only been following this since Sunday - but, I can't find "zumba on wii" on the exercise database...

it must be there - you are all doing it!

Zumba wii's my exercise plan for today, zumba class for tomorrow - anyone able to point me in the right direction?
thanks
x

Replies

• fergie2812
    fergie2812 Posts: 162
    Options
    hi
    I was thinking about this lying in bed this morning!
    try on here
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    we make our own exercise to log it generally. If you have a hrm you can get an idea of your burn, but if not zumbacalories.com isn't a bad guideline on burn rate - but generally I think people opt for low or mid intensity on there even if they're working at high intensity so that the estimated burn isn't over.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    For the class. Zumbacalories.com

Not sure on the wii game. Maybe consider investing in an HRM ?

Have fun!!
  • geetabean
    geetabean Posts: 76
    Options
    I just wear my heart rate monitor and then log all of my exercise together under "exercise". That way I get an accurate #! When I was using zumbacalories.com it told me that I was burning about 550 calories and my HRM told me I was actually burning over 700.
  • madhusky
    madhusky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i just use wii exercise (search button 'wi'), beginner or whatever i have done, that covers a whole range of activities and the wii (if its set to you) calculates your cals. or just use quick add cals.
    i find the calculation form MFP to minutes done on my wii is pretty accurate.

also you can always 'add' exercise to database after you work out your cals, then share
  • madhusky
    madhusky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just wear my heart rate monitor and then log all of my exercise together under "exercise". That way I get an accurate #! When I was using zumbacalories.com it told me that I was burning about 550 calories and my HRM told me I was actually burning over 700.

this means you can now treat yourself to that little bit extra :)
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I just used dance on the settings as it said on zumba.com i used 431 cals, which seemed rather higher than dancing for 55 minutes.
  • emaggied
    emaggied Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys, that's very helpful.

Usually, by this stage, I feel like chucking it in... for the first time, I'm feeling positive about exercise!

brill, ta much.
    x
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    yuuup! www.zumbacalories.com
  • Mzfoster0517
    Mzfoster0517 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You will just had to add it. That's what I did, at least on Zumba Wii it tells you your calorie burn.
  • csimmons0914
    Options
    Add it into the database. They don't have most of the workouts I do so I add them in and use a HRM watch with a calorie counter to track your calories burned.