Have you ever run into an ex after you lost weight?

Options

Replies

• buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yup, and it was a beautiful thing...He was trying to talk all kind of game, and I got to just blow him off! Really though, is it just me or do you guys run into an ex and think "wow, I have no clue what even attracted me to him". haha
  • Fitgranny1
    Fitgranny1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Yep...And his is still ugly! Inside and out! And he has gained a bunch of weight. All is good:-)
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Nope, but it's not exactly possible because we live in different states now. He didn't really care much about me when we were together, so I don't suspect he would now.
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes, so I backed up the car and ran over him again...

But seriously, if I did, it wouldn't matter, because he made mean comments about my hips when I was not overweight. (Those are called curves by the way, you idiot). sorry... had to say that.

HA HA HA!!!!!! I love it!!! I've run into exes when I was fitter (aka before I gained weight back) and it was an awesome feeling, but I'm getting fit for myself this time, not to rub it in their faces (even thought that is TOTALLY an added bonus)
  • R2dragonVSG
    Options
    I have one even better, my wife ran into my ex. Now my wife is smokin hot and my ex well she is not..... Now I'm looking forward to the next time I run into her :-)
  • Kcham817
    Kcham817 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen my ex-husband yet but I definitely want to be prepared when I do. I was steadily losing and toning before we split and his sick *kitten* told me I'll never lose the rest...Wait and see boy, wait and see :glasses:
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I knew a girl that ran into her ex at the mall after she'd lost 50 lbs, and he was like, "OMG, you've lost weight! You look so good!" And she said, "Yeah, well, what can I say? Breaking up with you agrees with me."

:smile:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA thats hilarous. I probably will never run into my ex since I moved 3 states away. Thank God! He was always in my business when I dated other guys and always calling me trying to get me back once I started dating someone new.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I didn't become overweight until I moved in with my husband.
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It was awesome. I've lost 90+ pounds since this guy and I were together- we dated for about 3 years off and on. He cheated on me with his now "baby momma"/girlfriend (she became baby momma while I was girlfriend). I was with my fiance and he was with his girlfriend. He is pale & about 40 more pounds than he had been. He looked tired, worn out, and honestly depressed. I am glowing with the wedding fever.. I get married in 32 days and I'm healthy! What's amazing is I was wearing a dress I would have never worn when we were together due to my weight.

BAM! In your face, you slimy dirtbag.

Funny thing was- my fiance said I think you may know that guy- he keeps staring at you? (I wasn't paying attention) and I looked and saw him. His girlfriend looked a little peeved that he was staring at me. LOL
  • kimmieey
    kimmieey Posts: 87
    Options
    The most recent, no. I run into his roommate, brother, and girlfriend all the time though.

The one before that, no, we run in different circles.

I really have no interest in seeing either:
    the first thought I was too focused on school and not focused enough on him (I was a semester from graduation)
    the other cheated on me with a pregnant girl then proposed to her before he broke up with me (plus he was always trying to fatten me up)
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Hoping I receive my recently ordered copy of New Rules of Lifting For Women and get to execute it and achieve mad results before I have the misfortune of running into my ex (Houston is huge, but it's bound to happen). :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    My Ex-Fiance came to my job the other day. We're still friends though, last time he seen me was before I had kids, which I was 160lbs and I'm 137lbs now.
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes. He was complimentary, but like a few other posters, he didn't pay much attention to me when we were together, so he also hasn't paid attention to me the times I've run into him. The BIG DEAL for me is that now I don't care. I'd say the first 35 lbs I was losing to make him want me back. The rest are ALL MINE, and even more satisfying!
  • massagecailin
    Options
    I've run into all of them except a couple of college ones that don't live near me anymore, and I know I look as good or better than when we were dating (some of them were the main reason I gained weight). I also know, for the most part, I look better than them as well. All this should make me feel awesome, but I still have to work on the self-esteem issues that go along with my eating and mental issues (I'm a basket case! haha) so instead of feeling awesome, I end up wondering what it was that made us break up and blah blah blah
    But when they give me a once-over, it does definitely help boost my confidence for a second! ;)
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Yes, I ran into my ex-husband last week. He didn't say a dang thing! Everyone else notices so he HAD to have noticed also.

Which makes me wonder-why are people so afraid to hand out compliments when it's obvious someone has worked their @$$ off?!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Really though, is it just me or do you guys run into an ex and think "wow, I have no clue what even attracted me to him". haha

This. This is SO TRUE.
  • kcdrake
    Options
    It was awesome. I've lost 90+ pounds since this guy and I were together- we dated for about 3 years off and on. He cheated on me with his now "baby momma"/girlfriend (she became baby momma while I was girlfriend). I was with my fiance and he was with his girlfriend. He is pale & about 40 more pounds than he had been. He looked tired, worn out, and honestly depressed. I am glowing with the wedding fever.. I get married in 32 days and I'm healthy! What's amazing is I was wearing a dress I would have never worn when we were together due to my weight.

BAM! In your face, you slimy dirtbag.

Funny thing was- my fiance said I think you may know that guy- he keeps staring at you? (I wasn't paying attention) and I looked and saw him. His girlfriend looked a little peeved that he was staring at me. LOL

I love this. What a great reaction/feeling. :)
  • kcdrake
    Options
    Hoping I receive my recently ordered copy of New Rules of Lifting For Women and get to execute it and achieve mad results before I have the misfortune of running into my ex (Houston is huge, but it's bound to happen). :)

I just started that program a few weeks ago - I hope you love it!

I'm surprised I haven't run into my ex - the town we live in isn't big by any means. I'm still a ways from my goals, but I'd be totally content running into him soon... I look better than I did with him (and I'm SO MUCH HAPPIER) and he... well, he doesn't. lol
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I've actually seen two of my exs since I lost weight, and I'm friends with another on FB. None of the reactions have been all that gratifying, mostly because I don't really care. The one person I would love to run into is a good friend from undergrad. I had a total crush on him for a long time, but he wasn't interested. We lived 10 miles apart until a few months ago, but he never wanted to even try hanging out, I think because he thought he'd moved beyond who he used to be (I've heard this from mutual friends). I have a feeling if he knew I'd lost so much weight, his tune would have been different. Maybe it's unkind, but I would love to have seen him just to test this theory.