what are your favorite low calorie fast foods?

Options

Replies

• rubawaytheday
    Options
    I am always on my way out just before lunch time to go to work. I can bring something, but I am usually doing school work for college courses in the morning and because I am massage therapist all afternoon I don't have time to snack during the afternoon so i need to get really full and out to eat seems to do it better and i can eat it on the way, Idk i guess just time reasons. I have taken stuff before but i really like eating out. I lost 25 pounds before on weight watchers and I ate at taco bell and subway a lot.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    For me the best bang for the buck is the grilled chicken sandwich at Chick-Fil-A. It is filling and tasty. You can even get the club (with bacon) and it is still not that big of a hit. Get an unsweet tea and the fruit cup and you have a great lunch or dinner.
  • DoctorKyrina
    DoctorKyrina Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Chive and butter baked potato, small chili and side salad from Wendy's with an ice tea. I don't know the exact calories that adds up to right now but I had that a while back and I remember being very pleasantly surprised. And I wasn't hungry an hour later like I am when I just get burger and fries. So yummy but you can tell those are some empty calories right there :)

That combo (minus the tea... although I do love iced tea) are the reason I miss Wendy's. It's a shame that of all of the fast food places also in the UK, they managed to miss the one I'd really like to be here.
  • candyrayne215
    candyrayne215 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    the chick fi la grilled sandwhich is AWESOME
    (but i can no longer go to chick fi la until they get rid of the banana pudding milkshake..*drool*)
  • rlmcnay
    rlmcnay Posts: 62
    Options
    A good staple is KFC's grilled chicken. I usually get the 2 piece meal with both being drumsticks, mashed potatos (no gravy), and corn. All together the meal is under 400 calories. You can eat the biscuit but it adds like 100 calories to the meal and isn't worth it in my opinion.

Taco Bell is also a good one with the fresco menu. I also will get grilled chicken sandwiches or burgers without the bun then take it home and use the slimwiches for a lower calorie option.

Hope this helps.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    GRILLED CHICKEN NUGGETS FROM CHIC FIL A WITH A FRUIT CUP
  • wem512
    wem512 Posts: 1
    Options
    Panera is also a pretty good option. Most of their salads are fairly decent calorie wise.
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I always get the chicken taco salad off the Taco Bell Fit Hit menu with no dressing (i use their hot sauce instead. 170 of the most delicious and guilt free calories i can think of. :) Enjoy!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    BK Tendergrill, no mayo/sauce, no tomato.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I love the Hunter's Club Unwich at Jimmy John's (UNwich, instead of sandwich...no bread, it's just wrapped in lettuce :) It's SO tasty. Just make sure you take OFF the Mayo and add the Honey Dijon Mustard instead, and it's only 285 for the whole meal. (And, I too, LOVE the 150 calorie Tacos at Taco Bell...great choice if you're out and about and need a quick low-cal lunch.) :smile:
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    any 6 inch subway sandwich without mayo or dressings is pretty good but that's more of a meal not a snack.
  • BigSexy0_0
    Options
    bump..great subject op
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    A&W teen burger with fries gravy and a large root beer.

Of course then I cant eat anything else for the rest of the day...LOL
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    panda express is my go-to fast food place.

For Panda express, if you opt out of the rice or pasta they have a huge side of mixed veggies for 70 cal and anything there that has a "wok smart" sticker is under 250 cal. My favorites are string bean chicken, mushroom chicken, and kobari beef. Generally if i order there, i get a panda bowl with mixed veggies and string bean chicken. Total cals are 220-230. Sodium is crazy though, so i only occasionally.

Also subway
  • KNarrainen
    KNarrainen Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    How about trying a deli. Real fresh ingredients, you tell them exactly what you want and it's just as fast as fast food, but without all the additives and you'll be fuller for longer too. Plus you can put it directly into MFP before you even go if you want to work out the calories.

If possible try and avoid fast food. I think it's always disappointing, unless you are drunk or hungover. Even in those circumstances I have started to find it disappointing.
  • Azzne
    Azzne Posts: 17
    Options
    I like nestle breakfast essentials. While it isn't from a fast food chain, it is delicious and quick!
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Subway chicken breat 12 inch 5.00 and you can eat 1/2 today and 1/2 tomorrow!
    wendys chili side salad
    mcdonalds-a chicken nugget kids meal is the same as 1 lg burger plus u get a few ff
    taco bell-fresco menu

wendys is the only fast food resturant i eat salads..they are so good and always look fresh.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Mcdonald's: Classic grilled chicken, no mayo. Half bun optional. 300 calories (200 with only half a bun)
    Wendy's: Ultimate chicken grill, no honey mustard sauce. Half bun optional. 350 calories (245 with only half a bun).
    Burger King: Tendergrill chicken sandwich, no mayo. Half bun optional.
    Taco Bell: Fresco grilled chicken/steak soft taco. 150 calories each.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    If I had to get something that would fall into a 'fast food' category, it's usually subway. 6in turkey, no mayo, no cheese, loaded with veggies on the lowest calorie bread (it's the wheat or it's the grain italian one I think) Sometimes I add the Vinaigrette to it.

Otherwise I have given up on the drive thru entirely.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    6-piece grilled nuggets at Chick-Fil-A... only 110 calories (without dipping sauce) and no carbs plus a good source of protein.