Why is MFP better than Facebook?

Options
Fit4Evolution
Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
:wink: I find my friends here are awesome! diversified and have the same interests as me! feel free to be serious or silly ... its a free for all .. go..!

Replies

• Karalopolous
    Options
    Bc people here have a goal!
  • anarod0513
    anarod0513 Posts: 119
    Options
    I find this has a better meaning than Facebook. Facebook is all crap. I have on but I find myself on here more often than there.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    if i could post pics to my newsfeed id be even happier :) x
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i deleted my face book account about 6 months ago. i find mfp to be a lot more fun. and its helping me reach a goal
  • cglyfer
    cglyfer Posts: 119
    Options
    I can acces this at work....they haven't caught on yet...LOL
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options
    if i could post pics to my newsfeed id be even happier :) x

so would we :wink:
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options

very much so.. and also provide the support you need..
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i don't have to put up with pictures of other peoples kids.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    less drama and more goal driven.
  • katiep1022
    Options
    its better because its so motivational! i feel better about myself on mfp, and besides, facebook usually causes drama..
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    The people are about 100000000x more interesting, entertaining, inspiring, and just generally fabulous on here. I wish the people I knew in real life were a tiny fraction as awesome as they are on here.

Also, there is a lot more eye candy on here.
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    i don't have to put up with pictures of other peoples kids.
    WIN!
  • Fit4Evolution
    Options
    I find this has a better meaning than Facebook. Facebook is all crap. I have on but I find myself on here more often than there.

me too , people here are much happier responding to posts and what you do and you can also interact outside your friend group and make more friends
  • Kassieisproud
    Options

very much so.. and also provide the support you need..

Agreed plus being/getting fit is like being a part of a club you want to talk about it get opinions and share victories Everyone outside the club either doesnt care or just doesnt want to hear about it But all of us in the club share the same excitement
  • Maude_Lewbowski
    Maude_Lewbowski Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I can acces this at work....they haven't caught on yet...LOL

^This and I hate facebook!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Simple. People on Facebook are real where as you all are figments of my imagination. So here I'm free to say whatever I'd like, you're all really just me anyway.

When I go to sleep nothing happens in the world...
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Facebook and MFP are about the same in my opinion. Both are filled with threads that look like they came out of a high school locker room... both have married people trolling for some grease on the side... both have inordinate amounts of naked torso dudes floating around... both have "drama" (just read the forums for 10 minutes, if you can seriously with a straight face say there is no drama on this site, you either cannot read, or do not understand what drama means)... and both highlight some of the darker areas of the human race in what we value.

However they both provide ways to stay in touch with people... like minded or not.

Carry on with the lulz.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    No stupid pregnancy progression pictures! And few, if any, stupid bimbos bragging about how they "have the bestest husbbie in the whole wider galaxy!"
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know that its better, just different. People here are supportive, because we all share something in common, other than a zip code, high school, work, etc...

Facebook is what you make of it. I use (my training page) for motivation, inspiration, encouragement and sharing photos, etc.
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It's better because I'm not the only fat person on my friendslist. :) And I mean that in the nicest way. I feel comfortable here with people who understand what I'm going through in my weight loss journey.