Six months on MFP pics (and why you should weight train!)

Options
2»

Replies

• AngelsheriHackley
    AngelsheriHackley Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Omg!!!!! Amazing
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Yet another awesome post that has completely inspired me to start weight lifting! You can completely see the difference!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Congratulations on your success. Weight lifting doesn't have to mean large, bulky muscles but always means strength and tight and toned muscles. Glad you're seeing success and being happy about it!
  • chantellove
    chantellove Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Very cool transformation, thanks for sharing! I lift weights a couple times a week, but I have no rhyme or reason to what I do...I really don't know WHAT I'm doing, I only know I'm supposed to weight train to increase my transformation/weight loss/decrease my body fat. I really want to start doing it right, but I'm so confused, I don't even know where to start! Maybe I'll buy this book you mention that I keep hearing about.
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wow you look AMAZING! Wonderful work! I love your definition. It makes me want to lift! Thanks for posting
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You were hot at 150 and even hotter now!!! Great work!

Aw, shucks, I'm blushing!
  • Devonanne
    Devonanne Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You have really inspired me! The difference in your shape in just the last two months is impressive. Congratulations!!!

I've never done strength training, and I got ticked off at my doctor when she said I needed to. I've slowing been warming up to the idea, but have no idea where to start, except for maybe my husband's old dusty bowflex out in the garage....I'll have to stop hanging my laundry on it! Thanks for the inspiration.

I was in the same boat..I wanted to start but had no idea where to begin. New Rules is a good program, but it is still hard to start, because you have to studies the pictures and figure out what the heck you're doing. That said though, once you get the hang of the different moves, you can kinda feel when you're doing it right (or not!).
  • thatguy010
    thatguy010 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    awesome work
  • alim10
    alim10 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic!
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Your body shape and initial measurements are very close to mine (though I weighed around 140 lbs when I started)....I have lighter bones I guess :)

I am also doing NROL and am noticing changes in the shape now with practically negligible weight loss (though I would like it to move a little). I have lost inches and have seen the biggest transformation in the last month or so.

You look great and much tighter and toned compared to your Feb pics and MORE food and MORE strength training is the trick to it :)

Keep it up.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS...Perfect story of success over time...This doesn't happen overnight and many fail to realize find what works for you is the Key...Girl you found that....Awesome Awesome results....Congrats on your 6months...Keep up the great work...Can't wait til your YR...GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • whtlatina1214
    whtlatina1214 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BecciJG
    BecciJG Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look fab hun! And are so going the right way about it! These kind if posts deffo inspire me and keep me motivated to stick at it! I'm eagerly awaiting my copy of new rules of lifting for women, can't wait! Well done :)
  • DDBeard
    DDBeard Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look great
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I'll look up the book in the library. I started doing some ballet barre work I remembered doing as a kid after reading your post. The kitchen counter made a good bar, and I have to say it felt really good to challenge my muscles again!
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing that info. I have been lifting heavy for about 2 weeks now. I'd be very excited to see my belly tighten up like yours!
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Bumping for motivation :)
  • Gidgetfrombama
    Options
    Great job! I just look forward to the day when I can stand on the toilet like that and not have to worry about it crashing to pieces :) (Not that I sit around and daydream about standing on toilets... but you get the idea. lol)

Awesome pics. Keep up the good work. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!