Why is MFP better than Facebook?

Options

Replies

• Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    because nobody sends me requests to play some stupid farm game!!!! :)
    yes those stupid posts on my newsfeed suck , like i really care if you bought 5 cows
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Cause my family isn't here and I can be myself instead of being "proper"
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    FB is like visiting an elderly ailing relative. Same stories over and over, complaints, and too much information. Not the sexy kind. The boring kind.

Here, people are funny. They are having varied experiences and most of them are strangers. Those old stories are new to us. There is novelty.

Best part? People have made it this far toward making a CHANGE. Most people just talk about it. MFP is filled with doers.

Oh boy, is it filled with doers. <==That's what she said.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Easy ...

On FB, I post pics of my kids so my long-distance family can see them.

On MFP, I post pics of me with my slacks down for Black Thong Thursday so all my friends can see my panties.

Wait, what?
    wow! did i miss a really good pic?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Easy ...

On MFP, I post pics of me with my slacks down for Black Thong Thursday so all my friends can see my panties.

Wait, what?

On FB I send sweet smilies to my friends.
    On MFP I get to tell MacInCali that I want to tongue kiss her for this response.
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options
    Easy ...

Wait, what?
    wow! did i miss a really good pic?

It was fantastic.

My reason - people here tell me they wanna do me. On fb, i have to guess which ones do. it's really just too much work.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sleezy pictures and none of my family are on here
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Oh, and because MFP doesn't "upgrade" to some eye-crossingly complicated new format every 3 months.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    My family pressured me to get a Facebook. I caved, but I only have family and close friends on my friends list. I also don't use it very much at all. I often tell people that MFP is my Facebook. I feel much more at home here plus it is helping me to reach my goal (which I will get to someday!) whereas Facebook does not.

Long live MFP!!! :drinker: :bigsmile: :smile: :laugh: :happy: :tongue: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Oh, and because MFP doesn't "upgrade" to some eye-crossingly complicated new format every 3 months.

You haven't heard about the new MFP timeline? Oh it's going to be great! We're all going to be forced to use it and it'll show how fat we used to be. Whether we like it or not! How great is that?!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Because it has no "checking in".......people who post everything they do all day long including where they are drive me nuts!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Facebook and MFP are about the same in my opinion. Both are filled with threads that look like they came out of a high school locker room... both have married people trolling for some grease on the side... both have inordinate amounts of naked torso dudes floating around... both have "drama" (just read the forums for 10 minutes, if you can seriously with a straight face say there is no drama on this site, you either cannot read, or do not understand what drama means)... and both highlight some of the darker areas of the human race in what we value.

However they both provide ways to stay in touch with people... like minded or not.

Carry on with the lulz.

• picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Because my friends and family aren't health freaks like I am. :smile:
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I love my fb friends, but seriously if I were to post a status saying I lost a pound or burned 500 calories running, it would not be viewed the same on fb as it is on here. I like being able to celebrate with like-minded people :)
  • lynnmarie60
    lynnmarie60 Posts: 325
    Options
    because everyone here has the same goals (losing weight and keeping it off) and understand your struggles.
  • kettrickenx
    kettrickenx Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Because people here actually support me when I work out. They know how much and what exactly I eat and I don't mind comments on that. Most of my real friends are not interested in how I maintain my weight and how much I struggle to do it. This really annoys me..
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one NOT on Facebook?
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

lol Good one!
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I might be in the minority, but I definitely think Facebook > MFP

It might be because I'm 22, and my friends list (on Facebook) is more exclusive than some, but Facebook wins by a landslide.

I find that there's way more misinformation on here, a lot of cattiness, and I can have more intelligent conversations (with proper grammar!) with those on my Facebook friends list. It might be a generational thing, but I do understand why some people would favor this site over Facebook; For me, it's not the case.
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    :wink: I find my friends here are awesome! diversified and have the same interests as me! feel free to be serious or silly ... its a free for all .. go..!

To me, FB is just games. I log in in the morning, and before bed. That's about it anymore. The networking is there for the club scene and whatnot, but it just isn't the same type of camraderie here. As others have said. we all pretty much have the same goals and interests here. That isn't necessarily the case with FB.