Why is MFP better than Facebook?

Options

Replies

• popat89
    popat89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Because my friends on facebook don't have the fitness goals that I do! If I update about my fitness goals on facebook I would be "that girl" who comes off as obsessed. At MFP we are all in the same boat - I can talk about my diet and exercise all I want and we're all there for each other! Go MFP!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Because people offer encouragement, and don't try to look up people to critique what they post.
  • bonjolie1971
    Options
    The people are so much nicer here. It's a more mature and intelligent group of people. I'm on this more than FB! My MFP friends are so inspiring and helpful.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Im definitely on here more than FB. I like it because it's like a one stop shop. I get to mingle a bit, read some threads to my liking, get informed....and at the end of it all keep fitness and eating healthy on my mind. Yesss.
  • slsmoot123
    slsmoot123 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Because I don't have to hear about the umpteenth engagement when I dont even have a boyfriend. UGHHH!
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I get on here more than Facebook and I never thought that could happen! I just wish they'd make it more like FB by adding notifications or allowing picture comments... :(
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Facebook and MFP are about the same in my opinion. Both are filled with threads that look like they came out of a high school locker room... both have married people trolling for some grease on the side... both have inordinate amounts of naked torso dudes floating around... both have "drama" (just read the forums for 10 minutes, if you can seriously with a straight face say there is no drama on this site, you either cannot read, or do not understand what drama means)... and both highlight some of the darker areas of the human race in what we value.

However they both provide ways to stay in touch with people... like minded or not.

Carry on with the lulz.

lol... now that you put it THAT way...
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Oh... here's a good one for those of us who sneak time in at work... FB gets blocked (at least here it does) whereas MFP does not. Mwahahaha... at least not yet anyhow.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one NOT on Facebook?

I cancelled my account a few months ago. It was a waste of my time. MFP is wayyyy better and actually helps me achieve goals.
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Oh, and because MFP doesn't "upgrade" to some eye-crossingly complicated new format every 3 months.

You haven't heard about the new MFP timeline? Oh it's going to be great! We're all going to be forced to use it and it'll show how fat we used to be. Whether we like it or not! How great is that?!

NOOOOOO!!!!
  • ComicBookGeekGirl
    Options
    They both have their ups and downs. On here, its easy to get ignored and made fun of. But this is a great place to meet goals and become healthy and find people on the same journey as you are.
    On faceboook, I can keep in contact with all my friends from home, and post pictures and videos and play games. On the other hand, all those old friends can be lazy and not respond to most of what you post. If I could disable that damn "Like" button, I would be happy. lol

I spend about an hour per day on each, which is still a lot of time. lol
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Mostly everyone on MFP has a true goal - not only to lose weight but to better themselves. It's fun and informative. It's always great to surround yourself with uplifting people. It's also a safe place for us to joke about our flaws and fails. I'm actually meeting some super awesome people on here and really enjoying getting to know them.
  • ltosoni
    ltosoni Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Love MFP so much more the Facebook to, you can say what you really feel, post pics without worrying friends are going to judge and endless support of those who are on the same path to reach their goals!
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Because my friends on facebook don't have the fitness goals that I do! If I update about my fitness goals on facebook I would be "that girl" who comes off as obsessed. At MFP we are all in the same boat - I can talk about my diet and exercise all I want and we're all there for each other! Go MFP!

This ^^. Because whenever because whenever people find out I eat things like tofu and brown rice and that I don't eat fast food or desserts they assume I'm obsessive. They don't understand that I work out every day because I love it, not because I hate my body. People here understand that.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Mostly everyone on MFP has a true goal - not only to lose weight but to better themselves. It's fun and informative. It's always great to surround yourself with uplifting people. It's also a safe place for us to joke about our flaws and fails. I'm actually meeting some super awesome people on here and really enjoying getting to know them.

i am with you 100% ^
  • jnsmith4
    jnsmith4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I can acces this at work....they haven't caught on yet...LOL

Yup yup!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    everyone's a flirt, instead of an attention *kitten*. Cause everyone's building up everyone else's self esteem along with their own.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    On FB I can be a nazi and no one cares less..on mfp I am surrounded by people who I don't know and have never met but inspire me and support me. I have even allowed a few of my mfp friends to be fb friends as well.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one NOT on Facebook?

apparently 1 in 8 human beings on the planet have a FB account...

but I'm sure they didn't factor in those people who have multiple personalities and accounts.
  • sassyjvg
    sassyjvg Posts: 32
    Options
    MFP is better than Facebook because I am actually learning something new from other people's experiences which I am getting tremendous benefits from. I don't find Facebook beneficial for much more than to fill idol time. FB jokes had become corny, the overzeleous religious people demanding you to forward some chain note, or tons of kids using vulgur language.... It really played out. This is by far a better fit. Now I fill that instead of just passing the time, I am vested positively with the time I spend on here.