your best non-gym workout!

Options

Replies

• Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges without a doubt. Swear by them for lifting your buttocks and toning your thighs to perfection.

Yeeeeess. Thighs. I have those. I want less of those. :)
  • JodiHop
    JodiHop Posts: 25
    Options
    bump...
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I bought a jump rope, I love it!
  • cPT_Helice
    cPT_Helice Posts: 403
    Options
    I've posted this before, but seriously

check out Tabata training. It'll more than make up for the gym. Or just get out there and run

Agreed
  • Megabot
    Options
    I have to agree with the previous posters. Tabata, HIIT, and resistance bands are all good things to do when you're away. It'll be more than enough for the two weeks time.

I'll be gone 2 months... but I'm going to try the circuit training stuff, because that stuff IS certainly a workout. Thanks!
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Stair running. Best workout ever.
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I've posted this before, but seriously

check out Tabata training. It'll more than make up for the gym. Or just get out there and run

I agree. Tabata training is great. You don't need that much time to get a good workout.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    You know.....:blushing:
  • Megabot
    Options
    does sex count lol

hahah I WISH!

I think Burpees are the best exercise you can do outside the gym, whole body work out, killer to do, little space needed. A few circuits of Burpees, squats, push ups, situps you will be fine

Added to my list! Perfect, thank you :)
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Shadowboxing is great! It gets your HR up AND will help you tone up. Get a nice pair of 16oz gloves (or smaller if you need to stuff them in a suitcase or carry-on) and you can shadowbox anywhere you go!

We do a small warm-up of 10-20 each of jabs, crosses, hooks, uppercuts, and then we do the same with combos of: jab/cross, jab/cross/hook, jab/cross/hook/uppercut. And in 10-15 mins, your HR is up there (depending on effort). Imagine doing it for 30-60 mins.
  • Megabot
    Options
    GET SOME RESISTANCE BANDS TO STICK IN YOUR SUITCASE

don't use all caps, seriously. I don't plan on buying any equipment, thanks though.
  • emt11dgreene
    Options
    if you have a smart phone look up these apps

daily arm workout
    daily leg workout
    daily abs workout
    daily butt workout
    daily yoga workout
    daily cardio workout

each take only 5-10 minutes depending on the settings
    comes in a free and paid version
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    Check these out: http://www.lifelineusa.com/jungle-gym-xt.html
    I want to get them so I can throw them over a tree branch outside and get a workout.
  • Megabot
    Options
    Do you have free weights or an exercise ball? I know I've seen a lot of exercise charts on pinterest that are workouts you can do just with your own weight. Maybe try a google or google images search on that? Actually I've even seen something about making your own weights with sand and empty laundry detergent containers (for poor college students, haha). Will you have a computer? Youtube also has a lot of free workout videos on there.

Sadly, I will have no 'net, no tv, and no gear - I'm going through my late mother's house, so we're trying to get rid of anything superfluous. BUT ! I do have pinterest/the net right now............ and I'll totally look for images! Thanks :)
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I hate, hate, hate burpees. I only like exercises that are easy to do and don't make me work too hard...
    Seriously, they are great. My trainer often gives me workouts that include running, burpees, sit ups, pushups, squats and/or lunges.
  • Megabot
    Options
    I don't know what they are called but it is a sit-up variation that my mom's trainer had her doing....

Haha I'll see if I have anything I can try those with :)
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    A skipping rope and strength conditioning (using your own body weight) at a playground. Google playground workouts.
  • ivyslocum
    ivyslocum Posts: 21
    Options
    walk/ run. i know it sounds to easy but it burns calories and well is healthy. Up hill works those areas of intrest too.
  • Megabot
    Options
    Any form of crossfit (HIIT) workouts generally require no equipment and not much room, just a small towel is all you need.

This is pretty simple stuff, but a killer workout within 25 min...

AWESOME Thanks!
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Horizontal Limbo, or standing hip trusts are some of my fave.