COKES!!!!

Options
I went from two cokes a day to nothing. I have went a whole week without one and I am craving one so bad!!:sad:

Replies

• gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a lot of pepsi, I mean a lot, I could drink a 2 liter by myself. I switched to diet pepsi and drink 2 16 oz a day but I drink a lot of flavored waters now.
  • skylarlburke
    Options
    I am trying to cut down on pop too. My advice is to not limit yourself too much while dieting, unless you are severely overweight. Sometimes if you are too hard on yourself it can end your diet all together. Treat yourself to a Coke once a week. It won't hurt anything. Or maybe try Pepsi Next. It has 60% less sugar and tastes like the real thing.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    COKE SUCKS, PEPSI RULES! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    diet caffeine free ftw. if i ever stop drinking it, coke and pepsi stocks will drop by half within one trading day.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    if you are really craving it drink it. Deprivation is the best way to fail in a diet. Just count the calories.
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Every once in awhile I treat my self to an icy COLD Coke! Doesn't get much better than that! (Once in awhile = 2 cokes in a month)
  • hollyberry2012
    Options
    What about half and half? half coke/ half diet coke?

oh forget it..that stuff is so full of sodium...sheesh..drink your water and remember the good ole days!! lol
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    You're aware of Coke Zero, right? Tastes like regular Coke, but w/o the calories...
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke all the time.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I got a SodaStream. I drink sodas every day.....the Soda Stream ones are half fake, half real. But they taste good, so who cares?
  • kballard66
    Options
    LOVE Coke Zero!!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke all the time.

Same here. Never stopped me from losing weight.

Que the "soda is poison" crowd...
  • mississippi_queen
    mississippi_queen Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I drink one diet coke a day (20 oz), which for me is a miracle. I was drinking at least a 2 liter of diet coke a day, and decided to cut back. I realized I really felt dehydrated back then and didn't even know it. And now I always crave water but I don't limit myself to no cokes. I just have one and go about my day. Hope this helps!!
  • donna9089
    donna9089 Posts: 87
    Options
    I went cold turkey from a 12 pack of diet coke about every other day to nothing. Excruciating headaches! Definitely an addiction. I now drink just one can a day on workdays and I try to get a fountain drink one day on the weekend while I am out and about. It is not so easy to give up soda.....
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Switch to Seltzer if you miss the carbonation.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I stopped cold turkey. I have not had any pop since early January. At first I was pissed, but after a couple weeks it got better, all I have now is water.
  • rdunlap81
    rdunlap81 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    if you are really craving it drink it. Deprivation is the best way to fail in a diet. Just count the calories.

I agree! If the cravings are that bad then drink one! I limit myself to one soda a day and I am trying to cut them out completely. Good job on cutting soda out. One when you crave it isn't going to hurt.
  • moskinnny
    moskinnny Posts: 118
    Options
    I gave up drinking soda and any form of carbonated beverages. Its my understanding that the caffeine and carbonation dehydrates you and stimulates your appetite as well. I dont miss it at all.
  • mboone1
    mboone1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks and that is good advise. Apparently pepsi is the new IN thing. I will have to give it a try.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are strong. Keep it up!