Nausea after exercise?

Options
I've never felt sick to my stomach after an exercise until today. I did the 10 minute solutions kickboxing bootcamp video, all 5 so 50 minutes total and it worked everything and I was drenched in sweat. I kept my water bottle near by and drank after each set of 10 minutes. Any clues or any suggestions on what I may be able to do to prevent it next time?

Replies

• latty1116
    Options
    I usually eat something before i workout..like a banana or apple ..or have a protein shake...
  • a1wonder
    a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually feel like that when my sugar level drops to low, I agree eating something an hour before or drinking some juice directly afterwards helps me alot.

Sounds like you had a good workout
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    You might be drinking too much water. I used to drink a ton of water before exercise and obviously drink during but every time I would do this I would get a nausea feeling.
    Generally if you get a sick feeling during or after exercise its most likely just a lactic acid build up. Your body cannot process it at the rate it builds up and you get that sick feeling. Good thing is your body gets better at ridding of it the more you get conditioned to where you dont feel neauea any more. That would be my best guess for exercise indused nausea.
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I usually eat something before i workout..like a banana or apple ..or have a protein shake...

It was about 30 minutes or so after my breakfast so figured I was set.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I had that issue when I first started the C25K. Once I got into better condition, I stopped being nauseous.
  • PrincessMom08
    PrincessMom08 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had that issue when I first started the C25K. Once I got into better condition, I stopped being nauseous.

Good. Hopefully that's the issue. My body just isn't used to that kind of workout. Walking and Zumba doesn't do that to me, but this was my first time doing kickboxing. I plan on only doing that workout about twice a week just for a change up. So hopefully my body will get used to it.
  • angie_sample
    Options
    it sounds like u just worked extra hard and sometimes queasiness happens when u do that. I trained with my brother a couple weeks ago, hes a Marine and i never worked out harder then that day. When we were done i started gaging. Didnt throw up, but really thought i was.
  • susiek80
    susiek80 Posts: 19
    Options
    I kickbox 4 times a week and had never had that problem, until last night. I was sipping water all throughout my workout and made sure I was properly hydrated before and after. It was a lot warmer yesterday, so I didn't take into account the extra sweating. That combined with not breathing properly lead to a massive headache and intense nausea. Hydration is important to staving off nausea, but so is not holding your breath in your moves. Make sure you are employing proper breathing techniques.
    At least, that is what I have found helps me.