COKES!!!!

Options

Replies

• gkeeton
    gkeeton Posts: 2
    Options
    I used to drink so much pepsi but now drink none. Zero. It is not worth the calories - this was my motivation to stop. It was difficult to quit and I dislike diet colas. For caffeine cravings, which is a of it, I drink a non-fat ice latte (at least there is some nutrition in the milk and you can drink 24 oz for less calorie cost than a 12 oz cola) or a sugar free red bull (only 10 calories but probably toxic in other ways). Or just drink water.

I don't miss the pepsi any more but it took a while. It can be done.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke all the time.

Same here. Never stopped me from losing weight.

Que the "soda is poison" crowd...

Poison is delicious.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    After a few more days the craving really will go away!

I have one maybe once a year now and it used to be all I drank (well, and coffee)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options
    Thanks and that is good advise. Apparently pepsi is the new IN thing. I will have to give it a try.

:huh:
  • Mary1757
    Mary1757 Posts: 13
    Options
    Caffeine withdraw will give you headaches. Most people have to start slow on lower intake of pop.
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a ton of soft drinks, and it wasn't until I cut them out that I realized how badly they reacted with my acid reflux. I drink flavored water when I get a craving because I don't want to go back to indigestion 24/7!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options

Don't forget the "chemicals are evil" crowd.
  • bane0317
    bane0317 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I used to love Coke Zero. It was the most like Coke. But I stopped drinking diet drinks because the artificial sweeteners made me feel hungry all the time, craving sweets. I went back to regular (which added to weight gain) but now am on either plain water, or kool-aid / countrytime singles (1/2 strength, do 1 packet to 32 oz, not 16.9) or I'll mix 1/4 sweet tea to 3/4 unsweet tea (we southerners love our sweet tea!). My doc says that she has seen a lot of people who are diabetic and hooked on artificial sweeteners that have a big A1c reduction after they get away from a lot of the artificials.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    Options
    Thanks and that is good advise. Apparently pepsi is the new IN thing. I will have to give it a try.

:huh:

Ooops....I fed the troll.
  • ChocoMello
    ChocoMello Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I drink between 3-6l of diet coke a day, for years years now.
    It really helps agaijst sweet cravings.
  • robinmob
    robinmob Posts: 1
    Options
    Drink some water now and it will go away.....
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    COKE SUCKS, PEPSI RULES! :drinker:

This!
    Used to be diet pepsi everyday all day now its just water for me!
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    LOVE Coke Zero!!!

Ditto. I LOVED coke and found that Coke Zero is a great replacement
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    They are addictive. It takes 3 weeks to kick an addiction. And just think, that quite a bit less sugar you are consuming and those calories can go towards something that will actually fill you up.

it's worth it. I stopped drinking soda a year and a half ago. I don't miss. And now the stuff tastes like crap.

Remove sugar from the diet and you will be amazed at what actually tastes sweet. I can't have the colorful peppers with my omelette anymore because they taste like candy. Frozen blueberries taste like I'm popping candy, too.
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I went from two cokes a day to nothing. I have went a whole week without one and I am craving one so bad!!:sad:

I gave up all soda March 1st (well, the 2nd, had my last one on the 1st). Took about 10 day for the INTENSE cravings to pass, and about 2 weeks for the low grade headache to subside. I'm not anti-soda, but I know it's something I cannot do in moderation. I've tried. And I have lost a lot of the afternoon candy bowl cravings I used to have as a result. If you want to do it, just keep at it, the cravings WILL pass.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    The only kinda cokes I do is off a strippers rear end.
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options

Mmm, poison my favorite!! I make sure the work fridge is well stocked with poison (coke zero) so I don't have to go out and buy my own all the time... hehehe.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    If you can possibly stick it out, please do!!!!! I was such a Coke addict too, but when you get past the addiction and give it up for good....then taste it again, it's absolutely horrible!!!!!!! It's unreal how our tastebuds adapt to junk food and make us believe that the stuff actually tastes good!!!

Good Luck!!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Hey, uh, you know, I'm not addicted to coca-cola... I have a diet coke or coke zero once or twice a week when I get the hankerin' for a little sweet beverage. This whole "blame everything on an addiction" thing is so lame.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    If you need motivation to kick your coke habit just look at Charlie Sheen.