What else goes well with plain greek yogurt??

Options

Replies

• Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    fresh strawberries Yummy I am eating it now as a snack dipping the strawberries in it
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    You get lots more quality protein w/ the plain kind. So I mix in my own fruit (blueberries, strawberries, etc). If you smoosh the fruit up, it spreads the sugar around so it's not so tart. I also throw a tsp of dill or onion dip mix into the cup and use it as a dip for veggies. Delicious!!!! It works like sour cream in any recipe, too. :)
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Put frozen berries in the night before and place in the fridge, they defrost by the AM and have great flavor.

Little honey or agave
    Protein powder
    PB
    use it instead of mayo (yuck!)
  • krsaxton
    krsaxton Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do a 1/4 cup of frozen blueberries, and 1/4 cup of Kashi go lean crunch. Let the blueberries sit a little and start to thaw... YUM :)
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I used it to make a protein shake last night....it was pretty good!
  • BrandiD56
    BrandiD56 Posts: 103
    Options
    Thank you for some ideas.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I love it with teaspoon no added sugar jam, teaspoon of natural peanut butter and handful of fresh blueberries!! Amazing! Xxx

this...but i usually use raspberries.
  • ejechols
    ejechols Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    A teaspoon of fruit curd taste great. My favourite is orange curd. I also do plain fage with a teaspoon of golden syrup of I really want something sweet.
  • chrysantheyums
    Options
    fresh crunchy fuji apples! =)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Natural peanut butter. Nuke it so it's liquid and then drizzle over the yogurt. Stir just a little. Don't blend.

Personally, I like to add quite a bit of Stevia to mine.
  • BenBz
    BenBz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of sour cream and in place of mayo . . . so my vote is for everything. (good on tacos, mixed with ranch seasoning as a dip, in chicken or tuna or what not salad, etc.)

YES, YES, YES!! Chicken salad, tuna salad, etc... It is a great sub for mayo!
  • weldinchic
    weldinchic Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas later
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    I like Cake Batter or Coffee protein powder. And nuts.
  • kriztyn723
    Options
    Ovaltine!!! or some type of chocolate powder... It makes a nice chocolate treat WITH PROTEIN!!! I mix it up real good... delish!
  • HighImAmy
    Options
    I always put 1/2 tbsp in it and dip my fruits. I started out months ago with the honey greek and it got too sweet for me. Mangos are coming in to season again and they are awesome with the plain yogurt.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    The list is endless! ANY fruit compote (you can just microwave some frozen berries), nuts and honey, chocolate shavings, protein powder, granola, slices of banana and 1 of your favourite biscuits crumbed :D

ditto to all this.

i also started swapping out sour cream for plain greek yogurt and will never go back. my friend served it on the side with some taco cups recently and it was so delicious i couldnt believe it was GY

Yes this^^ I use it on baked potatoes and it is just like sour cream.. thinking of using it in my homemade beef stroganoff.
  • Amberchalon
    Amberchalon Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    this might sound gross--but avocodo and honey
  • Marigenous
    Options
    It's great with a bit of cilantro on the side of Indian curries and dals. Yogourt is a traditional condiment. Similarly, use it to make raita. Indian yogourt is different, but I've used Greek before and it's still tasty.
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    bumping this...i iooOoOove greek yogurt and would love to cut the sugar!