COKES!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    They are addictive. It takes 3 weeks to kick an addiction. And just think, that quite a bit less sugar you are consuming and those calories can go towards something that will actually fill you up.

it's worth it. I stopped drinking soda a year and a half ago. I don't miss. And now the stuff tastes like crap.

Remove sugar from the diet and you will be amazed at what actually tastes sweet. I can't have the colorful peppers with my omelette anymore because they taste like candy. Frozen blueberries taste like I'm popping candy, too.

I'm there with ya!! I can't believe how food actually tastes when you stop eating and drinking lab created foods!! I was a 328lb cola swigging, burger/pizza/chips/candy eating, couch sitting fool. Never did I see myself as one of "those" who said they gave it up and don't miss it....I just thought it was good will power. I haven't darkened the door of a fast food joint in over a year and I don't miss it a bit!! The thought of stopping to get the 64 OZ:noway: fountain cola on my way to work just makes me sad for all the times I did it and what it was doing to my insides in terms of sugar.
  • goaliema
    goaliema Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I went from two cokes a day to nothing. I have went a whole week without one and I am craving one so bad!!:sad:

I say....you C A N do it!!! I use to be the "diet pepsi Queen"! seriously...loved it..loved the taste, and could sniff it if someone had one close by! Yum yum! I had tried so many times to ween myself..I would last a week or so....then I thought I could have just one here or there....n o p e !!! So mid February of 2011. I had had my last diet pepsi...yes 2011. There are times that I would just love one..but nope. It is hard but if this is something you want to do just keep telling yourself...I have gone this far...how long can I go...give yourself a mini goal and then once there...push that goal further away! Also...tell yourself..you must finish all your H2o before you have one....trust me..you will get there and you won't want one!!

Also, I was tired of hearing my kids telling me that the school's announcements say "pop is not good for you and it is full of sugar" and then my oldest pretending to dump it down the drain.... he probably knew from science class that it will eat away at anything!! (something to think about!!!)

If you crave it..don't bring it in the house... the biggest joke at family functions is..whoever opens the first diet pepsi...gets to hand it to me to sniff to get my fix...lol but I never take a sip....never and proud of it!

All the best
    Goaliema
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    If you need motivation to kick your coke habit just look at Charlie Sheen.
    and what's nice is charlie sheen is only on.....charlie sheen
    but seriously, and I find it hard to say this, but some of you should cut back on coke....but never on hookers and blow \m/
  • sheschemes
    Options
    I totally understand. My fizzy weakness is a Sugar Free Rockstar at lunch. I went a work week without having any, including needing a 6pm nap on the first two days, then let myself have one on Friday. It did not taste as good as I remembered. I probably won't have them much anymore.

Anyway, if you think it won't make you totally fall off the wagon, it can be really helpful to let yourself have one occasionally. One a week is much better than two a day.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I used to have a mild Dr. Pepper addiction.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are religious or not, but I gave up pop/soda for lent. It was rough and I went right back to it after Easter, but I did feel better. I had less tummy troubles.
    I do agree if you love it, have it. Just try drinking less of it, maybe mix regular coke with coke zero for a while until you get used to the taste. Then try switching all together. Good luck~!!!:drinker:
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    COKE SUCKS, PEPSI RULES! :drinker:

:flowerforyou:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    i prefer to share my coke with hookers...i am a giver.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I used to have a mild Dr. Pepper addiction.

For some reason I only drank Dr. Pepper when I went to McDonald's.
  • JBeaner
    JBeaner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I enjoy one 20 oz diet Pepsi:drinker: a day during the week. I also pound the water until I float, then I get more water and use my Mio water enhancer to push the liquids even further.:drinker:
  • christinet8504
    Options
    Dr. Pepper, Mug Root Beer, and Pepsi........3 sacrifices of my life change. It took a while, but now when/if I have one, all I taste is syrupy sugar and its too much. I guess that's a good thing? The one thing that kept me solid was that the bubbles made me feel fat lol!! If this is one of your goals, stay strong!
  • nlenz16
    nlenz16 Posts: 73
    Options
    I was literally a "coke-a-holic" hah. Addicted. Went through 24 pack in 6-7 days. I decided I would slowly stop and now 3 months later I treat myself to ONE coke every Sunday with dinner. Best and hardest thing I ever gave up food/drink wise. But I feel amazing now that I don't drink it. The cravings used to be horrible but now I never get them :)
  • FAVORED1
    FAVORED1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Coke zero. Was a pepsi fan but had to drop them to increase my weight loss. Don't drink soda nearly as much as I did, but when I do it's Coke zero... So close or even better than the real deal! Hope this helps ;0).
  • lu136mickey
    lu136mickey Posts: 202
    Options
    I cut back to 2 cokes per day max I LOVE them so much!!