Lemon water

Options
I've heard squeezing the juice of a lemon into your water will help you lose more weight. I took a bottled water and squeezed 2 lemon wedges, then put the juice and lemon wedges into the bottle. Yuk...lol...any ideas of a way to make it taste better or different amounts of juice to add? Help! :)

Replies

• WiegandS
    WiegandS Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Add some Stevia maybe? Or splenda, trivia, sweet & low, etc. I like it plain, but if the taste is really intolerable try sweeteners.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I use Crystal light and drink it like it's going outta style/ *shrugs*
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I use lemon out of the bottle..just a little bit at first and make them stronger as time goes on. You will get used to the taste.
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I like Stevia and Lime water.....but I don't know that I believe it accelerates weight loss. I have heard it's great for keeping the kidneys clean though.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love lemon water I squeeze a slice or two into every glass.
    try it without the lemon wedge in it just the juice. I find the rind has a sour taste.
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    I use a product called "True Lemon" which is 100% crystalized lemon. You can get it in the grocery store. I love it ! I use two packets per 16 oz bottle of water. You can also order it on-line.
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    I have a 32oz bottle and I cut up two lemon wedges and leave in my water all day long as I drink/refill - Its not TOO much lemon. Just enough!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    You might try using less and leaving out the wedge next time. If that's too little, add a bit more. You could also try lime wedges and I've heard some even use orange wedges.

Personally I wouldn't go for any of the powder flavor packets or straight up sweetener. The stuff makes you more thirsty and you end up drinking a rather ridiculous amount just because you want flavor in something that's naturally flavorless.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I have a 32oz bottle and I cut up two lemon wedges and leave in my water all day long as I drink/refill - Its not TOO much lemon. Just enough!

I do this as well, not sure if it helps with weight loss but it helps me drink more water because I enjoy the taste.
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I drink a 10 oz glass of lemon water first thing in the morning when I take my pills. When I tried the 17 day diet they suggested it and I have kept it up. Lemons are to expensive to use everyday so I buy the bottle of "Real Lemon". it is usually in the juice isle. Nothing is added to it. I just add a little bit don't measure it maybe 2 tbsp or so.. Try it for a week and see what you think.

I drink it quick and you do get used to it. It does taste good after you do it a few times.

I don't think it helps you lose wt but it is suppose to wake up your metabolism, so don't know if it works but I do it cause I like it.
  • JackLeaMason
    JackLeaMason Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Start with one lemon slice and work your way up to more acid. Avoid artificial sweeteners! They make you crave sweets.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Don't use the lemon, then? It's not helping your weight loss.
  • ladykaisa
    ladykaisa Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Personally I wouldn't go for any of the powder flavor packets or straight up sweetener. The stuff makes you more thirsty and you end up drinking a rather ridiculous amount just because you want flavor in something that's naturally flavorless.

I don't find this, but everyone's different :)
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I love lemon water ... so this may not help, but I put a pitcher of water in my fridge with an entire lemon cut up in it almost every day. I don't know about it helping with weight loss, but it helps me drink more personally! I think an entire lemon in a smaller serving would taste awful...maybe spread it out?
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Mio !!!

When I'm bored and need a switch, love this stuff !

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    MIO drops are good, many flavors to choose from
  • jenkinsjerry
    jenkinsjerry Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This is probably more myth than reality. I actually prefer a little lemon in my water and simply buy Lemon Juice at the store. You'd have to squeeze a lot of lemons to get any appreciable flavor, really. And to try the germ filled lemon wedges from a restaurant or bar? Not the best...

The strategy is MFP. No shortcuts - 1-2 LBS per week is more than doable... Just have to commit and work the plan and plan the work...
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    Lemon water is good for digestion and to keep your kidneys cleaned out. You have to use real lemons though to benefit from the digestive enzymes.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I do lemons & limes in my water depending which I have at the time. If I do a pitcher in the fridge it's best not to leave the wedges in more than 24 hrs as it will change the flavor of the water too much.

If you're doing this simply to help with weight loss then you might as well stop, especially since you don't like the taste. It's not going to help you lose any additional weight.

Good luck!
  • svp06
    svp06 Posts: 5
    Options
    only use one and don't add the actual wedge to your bottle.