60+ lbs gone. Got some new manly muscles too!

Options

Replies

• Annalisa419
    Annalisa419 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! You're beautiful and have a rockin' bod! I have got to start lifting, lol.
    Ps. Love your style. That pink with the black and white bed set is gorgeous. :-)
  • Crystal0827
    Crystal0827 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    WOW, this is so damn awesome. Way to go girl. I hope I can look like you!!!!!

I have been really depressed lately myself. I don't know nor understand how I could let myself get so fat and gross. I have lost 39 pounds and even though that may be impressive to some...I am still fat. I still hate myself in the mirror.

I do not have any before pics but maybe today I shall take some....since I still have many more pounds to loose.

Thanks for posting this and your story! Keep being Awesome!
  • Dazeyday
    Dazeyday Posts: 3
    Options
    You're a beautiful woman. Never forget it.
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful (such a pretty face)... AWESOME job on the weight loss and working out. You inspire me.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Sweetie, first of all congrats on losing 60+ lbs - anyone who has done it will know just how difficult it is sometimes. I also suffer from low self-esteem issues from my ex-husband, and I am just now starting to get it back.

I too have lost around 60 lbs (actually I lost 62 lbs but gained back 10 lbs from an anti-depressant). What has really halped me with my self-esteem is after I hit my goal weight I got a whole new hairstyle including dye. If you go through my profile, you will see the big change which happened on Saturday. It has done wonders for my self-esteem.

You are a very beautiful woman, but I can so relate to the depression issues. Keep doing what you are doing - you will go far. Look how far you have come - be proud :)
  • eedossa
    eedossa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thank you for the inspiration!

We have similar journey. I started around 220 as well, and I am not hovering right around the lower 160's, which leaves me frustrated to no end, until I remember how far I have come. Keep it up!
  • cjdstephenson
    cjdstephenson Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful! It is funny how the new lifestyle gets in our blood. I too started the couch to 5k, as a gal who has never-ever ran in her life, hardly walked. My intent was not to run a 5k, but just step up the game on the trails. After 2 weeks into it I was addicted. Each week I hear the new challenge and my response is, "oh, hell, no", but each week I conquer it. Can't wait for my first 5k event.
    Again, you are a beautiful woman. Congratulations
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • jatiger83
    jatiger83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have been in the same boat as you, thanks for sharing your story! Keep up the good work you look GREAT!
  • mcosme25
    mcosme25 Posts: 26
    Options
    Well you look great and keep up the good work!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    You look great....Congrats on the hard work......
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hunny, you look absolutely amazing! I am SO proud of you! :)
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    You look great! A beautiful and thin woman that I am sure many people envy. Don't feel guilt or shame for the past. The past is gone and right now you are kicking butt. A lot of us (me too) let ourselves go when we had kids. It was a lot to adjust to being a mom, changing hormones, and the change in appetite too.

I like how you said you are looking for slow progress. I am a little worried about me. I just started this and at first I decided weight loss would not take over my life. I would make it fit but not neglect anything else. Now I feel it sort of taking over my life and even though I enjoy it I know I have to tend to other things as well. And like you said, I could wind up burning out. very good advice. Thanks for posting!
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! You are totally BA!!! Glad to have you as a friend.
  • dbaumgarn
    dbaumgarn Posts: 111
    Options
    Doing great chickie! You should be PROUD!
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm WOW You look amazing! And I seriously, seriously, seriously want your quads! (;

Seriously. I can see the ridge through your jeans! Do you know how awesome that is? I can't even see mine on bare skin.

THIS is the 1st thing I noticed WOW!!!! I too am in your same boat. I struggle with still being the fat girl everyday. I lost weight fast last year. 45lbs in 5 months and 20lns crept back on the rest of the year. I am SO mad at myself for gaining those lbs back and this time it is not as easy as it was. You are doing so good and you look amazing. For me this is all mental. I look at all these skinny girls and am jealous and when all reality I am the same size. Blah this is hard lol
  • damore76
    damore76 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and you look amazing, too. Your story is very inspiring. I was the same way about MFP at first, but I would not give up any of the friends I have made here. Having a support system of people dealing with the same things is one of the best tools we can have:smile:
  • jlt1968
    jlt1968 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow is all I can say!
  • sylvuz323
    sylvuz323 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, thanks for posting your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!