P!ssed off ;0( could cry!!

Options
When i weighed myself on sunday i had lost a 1lb! My weigh in was today though so thought i may of lost even more pah im actually 1lb back up!!! Im gutted. Im on my period yes but dont know if that will effect it, and also i weighed myself just now..where as usually i weigh myself on the morning. Im not eating THAT bad, yeh i do eat sugary things still but im eating meals and veg and getting some fruit in. Im go to weigh in ..tomoz morning now see if its just cos ive weighed late today, but if not , aqnd ive gained i dont know what to do, feel like crying. I know i dont make fresh foods every day but i felt i was doing so good, am well dissapointed:sad: . My weight is affecting my depression and i just feel like curling up in a ball and giving up! I know thats stupid and i just need to get a grip but uurgh sick i am!

Replies

• stormdancer
    stormdancer Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Read this thread, yes, its your period. Give it time.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/344543-well-gosh-darnit
  • trababes1971
    trababes1971 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Read this thread, yes, its your period. Give it time.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/344543-well-gosh-darnit

Thankyou soo much..im really down today, xxxxx
  • jporcelli
    jporcelli Posts: 10
    Options
    It is easy to get discouraged-- I completely understand how you feel. But the best way to look at it is this--- there is always next week! You can do it...Just don't give up because of a set back.
  • trababes1971
    Options
    It is easy to get discouraged-- I completely understand how you feel. But the best way to look at it is this--- there is always next week! You can do it...Just don't give up because of a set back.

Thanks hun, i know i think i really expected a big loss tbh as ive cut out alcohol through the week and also getting my veg in etc, and trying to eat meals. Im finding it harder to loose weight now im older , your right though i shouldnt give up, need to keep working at it and tbh upping my exercise as past few days i didnt do any as felt so ill of period. xxxxxx
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and have found a pound or two fluctuation is not abnormal. When I lose the weight, it is sometimes a large drop at once. Many experience this, so don't get discouraged. A possible explanation is found here:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • trababes1971
    Options
    I weigh daily and have found a pound or two fluctuation is not abnormal. When I lose the weight, it is sometimes a large drop at once. Many experience this, so don't get discouraged. A possible explanation is found here:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

Thanks hun i will have a look. xxxx
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be harsh but you need a serious reality check. How long did it take to reach your current weight vs. your goal weight? Several years, I bet. Why do you think losing the weight will come so quickly? Your profile shows you joined MFP this month, which implies you've been accurately logging everything that goes into your mouth for less than 3 weeks.

Stop obsessing about day-to-day weight flucuations and start thinking long term. Losing weight and being fit is a lifestyle change. Be patient. Be honest and consistent in logging everything in your diary. Do not exceed your calorie limit. Make the necessary changes in your diet (limit processed foods, sugar, sodium, treats, alcohol, etc.). You will begin to see the weight come off. Wishing the best of luck!
  • trababes1971
    Options
    Not trying to be harsh but you need a serious reality check. How long did it take to reach your current weight vs. your goal weight? Several years, I bet. Why do you think losing the weight will come so quickly? Your profile shows you joined MFP this month, which implies you've been accurately logging everything that goes into your mouth for less than 3 weeks.

Stop obsessing about day-to-day weight flucuations and start thinking long term. Losing weight and being fit is a lifestyle change. Be patient. Be honest and consistent in logging everything in your diary. Do not exceed your calorie limit. Make the necessary changes in your diet (limit processed foods, sugar, sodium, treats, alcohol, etc.). You will begin to see the weight come off. Wishing the best of luck!

I know you are right. I think it is because ive battled with eating disorders most of my life, and have a very low self esteem. Im being silly i know and i should just keep logging and try and get as much fresh food in as much as possible. I cant seem to let go off "sugary" foods, fruit dosnt quite do it for me, although i do like a little bit of fruit, and yoghurts etc. When i was a lower weight i think it took me about a year, i got down to about 9 stone, but i was on the running machine alot and doing weights, as we had our own gym sort off in the garage off the marital home. Im living seperate from my hubby atm due to problems with mainly my mental health..im agrophobic and dont go out much either unless someone is with me. Long story lol xxxxx
  • hp935
    hp935 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you've been working out it also could be that you're gaining muscle? Muscles weighs more than fat so you could be gaining weight but actually looking more toned.
  • minnie_me19
    Options
    I'd definitely recommend weighing yourself once a week at the same time. Your weight fluctuates throughout the week so it can be really demotivating if you see yourself losing a pound and then gaining one. i weigh myself on Sunday mornings and it definitely helps to keep me motivated.
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I carry up to 5 pounds of extra weight during my period....so give it time. It is quite obnoxious and annoying...but it is what it is. And, honestly, some weeks just suck. You may eat perfectly but the weight just doesn't budge. But it will eventually. Chin up, keep moving forward :).
  • trababes1971
    Options
    Thankyou guys, i am being silly obsessing i know i am. Guess am just feeling a bit sh!tty within myself, but i know i need to dust myself off and keep going. :smile:
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Flowers for you all for your replies, it helps xxxxx
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I easily go up 5 lbs on my period. Hang in there. Remember this depression and obsessing over it is probably your period as well. You'll feel better in a few days.
  • Perisylpha
    Perisylpha Posts: 139
    Options
    That is very good advice, I started off weighing just once a week but curiosity gets the better of me if I notice that my jeans have got abit looser. My scales should be under lock and key, lol
  • trababes1971
    Options
    I easily go up 5 lbs on my period. Hang in there. Remember this depression and obsessing over it is probably your period as well. You'll feel better in a few days.

Thankyou .xxxx
  • trababes1971
    Options
    That is very good advice, I started off weighing just once a week but curiosity gets the better of me if I notice that my jeans have got abit looser. My scales should be under lock and key, lol

lol :wink: xxx Well done on your loss hun. xxx
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    My period puts me up a good 5 pounds, minimum. Wait til next week and try again first thing in the morning :)
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Weight loss will never be instant. your weight will go up and down throughout the day period. food and liquid u consume all adds weight to it. throw that scale away and pull out the measure tape or at least don’t weight yourself everyday, maybe once a week on the same day first thing in the morning after using the restroom and before consuming anything. week over week weigh ins are far more accurate than day to day or saying "hey I just did a 1000 calorie burn, I should have lost half a pound" Don't be so discouraged especially if you're eating and exercising just keep pushing through it.

FYI - I don't weight myself during TOM - I put on an average of 10 additional lbs!
  • trababes1971
    Options
    Weight loss will never be instant. your weight will go up and down throughout the day period. food and liquid u consume all as added weight to it. throw that scale away and pull out the measure tape or al least don’t weight yourself everyday, maybe once a week on the same day first thing in the morning after using the restroom and before consuming anything. week over week weigh ins are far more accurate than day to day or saying "hey I just did a 1000 burn, I should have lost half a pound" Don't be so discouraged especially if you're eating and exercising just keep push through it.

FYI - I don't weight myself during TOM - I put on an average of 10 additional lbs!

I should know all this too be honest, i just need to stop feeling sorry for myself really. Ha! i picked a BAD week to start this lol..trust me to be on my bloody period lol. Never mind at least im being good recording everything i guess, and recognising certain things. Thank you for reply and to all you guys its made me feel better and instead of going to bed fretting like a big baby i can sleep and think right "tomorrow is a new day" . Im going to make a concious effort aswell to exercise more. xxxxx
  • trababes1971
    Options
    My period puts me up a good 5 pounds, minimum. Wait til next week and try again first thing in the morning :)

Yeh im going to hun thanks :smile: xxxxx