Exercising at work w/o access to showers

Options
2»

Replies

• reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    As long as you shower every single night your body shouldn't smell from working out as long as you're wearing deodorant.

Is that a rule? Because someone forgot to tell my body that....

Yeah, mine too!!!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I ride my bike to work and I do not have access to a shower so I keep baby wipes, deorderant and a light body spray with me that I will use to get freshed up before I go to my desk. I also do change clothes from my cycling gear to my work clothes,
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have brought walking clothes and changed into them, but sometimes I just go in what I wore to work and hope the smell will keep people from coming to my office to give me more work. :tongue:
  • bonbaluciano
    Options
    Those are some great ideas...we have a fitness center right next to my work but I didn't want to come back feeling gross either... lol but now I know what to do :) It is sooooooo on now!
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    I rock the stink.

Yepp! hahaha, And then like someone else said, put the hair up
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I have brought walking clothes and changed into them, but sometimes I just go in what I wore to work and hope the smell will keep people from coming to my office to give me more work. :tongue:

bwahahahahaha

maybe that's a better idea!!!!

I'm loving the baby wipes idea!!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    like what the others said: change of clothes, wipes, deodorant, lotion/spray, and tie up the hair!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I rock the stink.

Yepp! hahaha, And then like someone else said, put the hair up

This would be my vote! "Slut Bath" all the way! :-P
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am using some wipes they gave my husband when he was in the hospital that are used when you can't shower. I can't remember the name right off, but I have seen them in CVS. When those run out, I will probably just get some freshly scented baby wipes. I also apply some fresh deodorant. I have the advantage of having a gym at our office. There is usually no one in there when I go at lunch so I turn the air down to 60 and drag a fan to wherever I am. I take a late lunch so if I do smell up the joint, at least it's not for too long.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    My coworker does this and I don't understand how she comes back looking good and smelling fine! She goes to the gym and does weights and elliptical but doesn't shower because of time constraints. She does change before and after but it's getting hot and she's super sweaty looking when she comes back in, then she goes in and changes, and she looks and smells fine afterwards. I'd feel/look/smell like a gorilla I think!
  • SuperFitby40
    Options
    I work in an office, 9-5. I will either eat at my desk then walk for anywhere from 45-55 minutes or walk first (45mins) and then come back and eat. The problem is that the weather is getting warmer and WARMER here in NYC, these last few days have been particularly brutal and I can only imagine what the summer months will bring. We don't have showers (or a gym) so I come back and just wash up in the bathroom and reapply my deodorant before returning to my desk. I guess I should really bring a change of clothes and change before/after but that will take time away from my walking time too.

What do you do when you sweat (and probably smell..lol) during lunchtime workouts?

Am in the same boat (work in the city as well) - I'd love to go out for a run on the beautiful Brooklyn Bridge or by the river but I end up brisk walking 'coz I have no access to showers. I don't sweat much - so its just baby wipes for me!
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    As long as you shower every single night your body shouldn't smell from working out as long as you're wearing deodorant.

Is that a rule? Because someone forgot to tell my body that....

Guess it's just my rule then. I assumed if you shower every night you wouldn't have a problem. If I skip a shower I don't dare go running on my break.

I shower every morning but dang....I smell something awful after a run....I am going to try the baby wipes thing though. I would love to run on my lunch break.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I'm totally going to find some clothes to bring in then and I have a 2.5 yr old who hardly needs wipes anymore so I'll bring those in too ...you guys/gals ROCK!