Looking for a new workout dvd

Options

Replies

• mrvenuti
    mrvenuti Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of the Firm Series? They are great workouts but lots of lunges, squats and weights
  • vahlkyree
    vahlkyree Posts: 10
    Options
    As a suggestion, if you're going to get Zumba (which I would), I'd order the original older set. I have both the old and the new and the old are a much better workout in terms of cardio and calorie burn.

Which is the old one? I've been looking into Zumba, and I've read this comment by a number of people (here and elsewhere on the internet) and I'm not sure what is meant by the "old" version...
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is intense. Good, but intense.

I have this and it actually discourages me to work out. :frown:
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions! It seems that zumba and turbofire seem to be up there (besides 30DS) so I will have to check them out.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I do have netflix, but I have never searched or heard of any good workouts on there. Are there any other workouts on netflix you recommend?

I like the 10 minute workout series there as well, especially the pilates and yoga. Crunch has a good strength workout that's relatively short, and a couple of pilates/yoga type stuff that's also pretty good. Once you find one, you'll have all the others pop up, and you can just work through those to see which you like. I found the pilates especially good for the core.
  • justkrissy
    justkrissy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great suggestions! It seems that zumba and turbofire seem to be up there (besides 30DS) so I will have to check them out.

If The 30 day shred discourages you from working out, I'd stick to Zumba, because the Turbo fire is much more intense compared to the Jillian Michaels DVDs. Plus its really expensive. Zumba is more for people who are looking to get in shape but have fun dancing aswell. I personally LOVE work out video, so I have fun doing the Jillian Michaels and Turbo Fire work outs. But Zumba is definitely my favorite! :)
  • PrncessBre
    PrncessBre Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm looking for a new workout dvd or small exercise equipment to get me out of my boredom. Any suggestions?

You can get a lot of free workouts on Youtube!!
  • jodycoady
    Options
    Hello! I'm looking for a new workout dvd or small exercise equipment to get me out of my boredom. Any suggestions?

• kpittman0612
    Options
    I love anything Jillian Michaels. I recently started The Body Revolution and it's killer! Also, I just purchased Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home DVD and I thought I was gonna do it with no problems but I underestimated the BURN from that sucker!! LOL!
  • jodycoady
    Options

• GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I had an old friend that swore by Tae Bo.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Netflix has Pick your level Pilates. It's really good.
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Personally 30DS didn't work for me because it got me boored the way it worked. I'm now trying her other dvd, Extreme Shed and Shred and somehow this works MUCH better for me, it's fast paced and actually keeps me engaged because of all the differences in exercises.
  • todietfor
    todietfor Posts: 48
    Options
    do you have netflix? i just started the bootcamp crunch and there are a bunch of different ones. i really like them. you can also get them live feed through your wii or ps3

I do have netflix, but I have never searched or heard of any good workouts on there. Are there any other workouts on netflix you recommend?

Search for the "10 Minute Solutions" series. They are 5 sets of 10-minute workouts for the following activities: yoga, pilates, kickboxing, dance, toning. You can do one or any combination of the 5. I have done a few lately and love them!
  • todietfor
    todietfor Posts: 48
    Options

I made a YouTube playlist of Zumba workouts and some Wii Just Dance songs...very fun, high impact cardio and free! I would recommend that also.
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    I have grown attached to the Biggest Loser DVD's.....I have Cardio Max and Power Sculpt. I just ordered Power Walk. I also have Jillian's 30 Day Shred....but I like Cardio Max and Power Sculpt better because they feature people who look like me. If they can do this crap so can I! :happy:
  • 75Juniper
    75Juniper Posts: 376
    Options
    Another vote for Leslie Sansone. You can work up quite a sweat, especially if you get one of her interval ones.
  • darkmouzy
    darkmouzy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Zumbo, turbo fire, p90x, insanity, butt bible, hip hop abs there are sooo many haha :D
  • jodycoady
    Options

I made a YouTube playlist of Zumba workouts and some Wii Just Dance songs...very fun, high impact cardio and free! I would recommend that also.

More info please :)