I NEED MOTIVATION!! re-starting 30ds...

Options
So, I'm re-starting jillian micheals 30ds after i fell and bruised and cut up both my knees. I was only on day 4 and I could already see and feel the difference in my body. I'm ready to go again, but realllllllyyyyy need the motivation because I remember the soreness! lol So please!!! I need some before and after pictures from doing jillians 30ds!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! lol

Replies

• dellashanks
    dellashanks Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just started it but man am I sore.
  • amurdaugh2010
    Options
    I bet I was at first too, but keep it up, i promise you will see results, just remember to keep your core engaged. I love cussing at the b**** on the t.v. when I feel like giving up. then i train harder, just to show her. lol
  • des24rob
    des24rob Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ you were cussing at the b****.
    I personally know the above commenter (Della) so I know she was cussing at the b**** too. lol.
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    i just restarted level 1 but was in the middle of level 2 and then i wasnt feeling so good for a week or so. so i restarted yesterday and will probably move back to level 2 in a few days once i catch back up
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started again today after a 3 week break! I'm hoping to stay with it. I noticed a ton of difference in how I felt and looked. I'm dissappointed that I stopped. But oh well. Back on the wagon! It will be done :happy:
  • amurdaugh2010
    Options
    We should start a group!! lol women who cuss at the b***** on the t.v. screen.
  • risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting too. I got the flu and fell off the bandwagon.

I'm wondering, has anyone seen these results last? Like after you do the 30 days do you just soften back up (expecting that you are eating well and still exercising but maybe not as hard, more of a maintenance exercise)? Seems like a stupid question but I'm wondering after all that hard work if it sticks around?
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    We should start a group!! lol women who cuss at the b***** on the t.v. screen.

lmfao.......totally love this
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I don't have a picture but I lost 5 3/4 inches total in those 30 days so hang in there. It's worth it!!!
  • JeBitchy23
    Options
    I'm restarting too. I got the flu and fell off the bandwagon.

I'm wondering, has anyone seen these results last? Like after you do the 30 days do you just soften back up (expecting that you are eating well and still exercising but maybe not as hard, more of a maintenance exercise)? Seems like a stupid question but I'm wondering after all that hard work if it sticks around?

i actually bought the no more trouble zones to alternate between the two. the key is to not just do the workout and once its over not do anything. im probably going to buy a different dvd or start biking since it will be summertime. i think as long as you keep active you wont get all soft again. and why not start it over again. its good cardio too. or start it over with heavier weights to make it more challenging
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    Options
    I want to start it, but I'm afraid I won't be able to do it. I have been doing her Shred it With Weights/Kettle bell DVD.
    I have no confidence in my abilities.
  • angielautenbach
    angielautenbach Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have before, day 10, day 20 and day 30 pictures on my profile! feel free to add me!
  • lucky_taylor
    lucky_taylor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just joined my fittness pal today. Had a physical and my doctor had recommended this site. I'm trying to figure everything out when I came across these postings. I also own the Jillian Michael's DVD. Reading this today makes me want to go home, dig it out, dust it off and try it again! Thanks!!
  • rjo921
    rjo921 Posts: 130
    Options
    I just joined my fittness pal today. Had a physical and my doctor had recommended this site. I'm trying to figure everything out when I came across these postings. I also own the Jillian Michael's DVD. Reading this today makes me want to go home, dig it out, dust it off and try it again! Thanks!!

To Lucky - welcome to the site!

Now for that extra motivation....you stated that you started seeing results after a short week....that enough should be motiviation to see what you can achieve in 4 weeks. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile:
  • Always824
    Always824 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I bet I was at first too, but keep it up, i promise you will see results, just remember to keep your core engaged. I love cussing at the b**** on the t.v. when I feel like giving up. then i train harder, just to show her. lol

Literally LAUGHED MY *kitten* OFF to that comment... Good Luck :)
  • SkettiGurl
    SkettiGurl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    You can do it! The soreness DOES go away...untill you go up a level. hahaha!

I have pictures but I'm in my knicks and don't want to post them :blushing:

I did it before I joined MFP and wasn't eating very well. I now use it for Cross training with my running and cycling. I'm still stronger than when I first started 30DS...But, like anything, you can't just do the 30 days and expect to stay that fit without doing anything. You need to use the muscles to keep them strong!

Good luck!
  • laura_fat2fit
    laura_fat2fit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting the 30day shred tomorrow. However, my reasons for starting it again are different. I did the full 30 day shred before and unfortunately, didn't see any results in weight measurements or pictures and was really disappointed with it.

I don't know why I didnt get the results like everyone else does(if anyone knows a reason why, feel free to let me know) but I'm starting it again tomorrow to see if this time will be any different.

Feel free to add me anyone if youre doing the shred too, could do with the motivation after the first time I did it.
  • happy123456
    happy123456 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was going to start on monday but haven't been too well, have it in the dvd player with weights and mat ready for first thing tomorrow!!
    I wanna be in the group!!!
  • skeetpea
    skeetpea Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting the 30day shred tomorrow. However, my reasons for starting it again are different. I did the full 30 day shred before and unfortunately, didn't see any results in weight measurements or pictures and was really disappointed with it.

I don't know why I didnt get the results like everyone else does(if anyone knows a reason why, feel free to let me know) but I'm starting it again tomorrow to see if this time will be any different.

Feel free to add me anyone if youre doing the shred too, could do with the motivation after the first time I did it.

Make sure you are eating enough. You should be building muscle because of the strength portion of 30DS and muscle needs fuel!!

As for me, I am currently on level 1 of 30DS. I am not doing the DVD 30 days straight in a row (I think I would die if I did), but will do 10 days over a period of 2 or 3 weeks and then moving up a level. I am doing day 6 of level 1 today and I already feel a difference! I am getting stronger, I'm able to use higher weights for some movements. I am able to keep up with the cardio portion WAY better than when I first started. I'm actually able to do some push ups too!! Still the girly knee ones but considering I couldn't even do 1 of those on my first day, it feels great to do multiple in a row. :happy: I'm glad I invested in the DVD and can't wait to try some more over the summer (unless I decide to get a PT).

Feel free to add me fellow 30 day shredders. :drinker:
  • meggers127
    Options
    Totally agree!

As for the push ups, I STILL cannot do more than one real push up. Two if I'm lucky! I've gotten better with everything else, but I have to do the girly ones! My boyfriend laughs at me because I'll attempt one and literally just face plant into the carpet. It makes me feel better though when I look over and he has to start doing girly push ups :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!