Insanity Exhaustion! Month 2

Options
Today I wil start week 3 of month 2 of Insanity. During month 1 I hated the workouts, but loved the results so that kept me motivated to keep going. Now that I am in month 2 I just feel drained all the time! I have been doing M-F with picking a day that I can do two videos in that day in order to complete by the weekend when it always gets too hectic. I have been doing pretty good with keeping my calories in check, some days though have a some left over because of the high calorie burns. I have basically lost all of the weight I want I am 5'3 and weigh 125, so am really concentrating on toning now. (Although I seem to every Monday have to try to work off a few extra pounds I picked up over the weekend! I swear without the weekends I may weigh nothing now! lol) Anyway, I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions about the recovery formula Shaun T always talks about or a cheaper way to get the same results. Are there any foods that give you lots of energy before to really push as well? Most exercise gives me enerygy for the rest of the day, but month 2 seems to take so much out of me that I am dragging the rest of the day! Also another unrelated question, did anyone feel like they actually got "bigger" in month 2? I was getting very happy with the size of my thighs and now maybe it is just muscle, but they seem bigger lately but I have not gained any.

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,246 Member
    Options
    You need to eat a lot more protein. Also, if you diary in the last couple of days are any indication you need to eat more. Insanity is very physically draining and you need your nutrition to keep up your energy. You especially need protein. I didn't believe this when I friend here suggested the extra protein, but I increased my level (1g or so per LB of body weight) and it help a great deal.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you aiming to eat per day?
  • wbond
    wbond Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am starting week three of Insanity and I have enjoyed the results from the first two weeks. I love the performance and recovery formula...it's like an Orange Julius, very tasty!
  • amberfranklin1
    amberfranklin1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Please dont look at my diary for the lst few days! I did a terrible job of logging over the weekend, I actually ate way more than I probably should have! I try really hard to keep things balanced during the week!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Today I wil start week 3 of month 2 of Insanity. During month 1 I hated the workouts, but loved the results so that kept me motivated to keep going. Now that I am in month 2 I just feel drained all the time! I have been doing M-F with picking a day that I can do two videos in that day in order to complete by the weekend when it always gets too hectic. I have been doing pretty good with keeping my calories in check, some days though have a some left over because of the high calorie burns. I have basically lost all of the weight I want I am 5'3 and weigh 125, so am really concentrating on toning now. (Although I seem to every Monday have to try to work off a few extra pounds I picked up over the weekend! I swear without the weekends I may weigh nothing now! lol) Anyway, I just wondered if anyone had any suggestions about the recovery formula Shaun T always talks about or a cheaper way to get the same results. Are there any foods that give you lots of energy before to really push as well? Most exercise gives me enerygy for the rest of the day, but month 2 seems to take so much out of me that I am dragging the rest of the day! Also another unrelated question, did anyone feel like they actually got "bigger" in month 2? I was getting very happy with the size of my thighs and now maybe it is just muscle, but they seem bigger lately but I have not gained any.
    The recovery drink he is talking about is probably the P90X Results and Recovery Formula. It's 20g of protein per serving and it taste like a orange pop up (I know that's old school but that's what I think it taste like) It's 49.95 for 52.9 oz plus tax and shipping. If u would like more info just send me a message.
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your diary since you didn't respond to my question. 1200 calories is NOT enough to fuel your body for these workouts. He has a formula in the guide that came in the package. You need to use that formula to figure out the bare minimum amount of calories you should be consuming.
  • amberfranklin1
    Options
    Sorry ceelovejay, didnt mean to ignore you! I have been sticking with the 1200, but always seem to eat way more because I try to eat back at least half of my exercise calories. I just wondered if anyone just used protein shakes or something cheaper than the recovery formula and had good results. I just want some energy back without breaking the bank!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,246 Member
    Options
    Use a protein shake. As I said earlier your protein levels are way too low for adequate recovery. I find that in general the suggested amount of protein by default at MFP is way to low for most people. The average MFP person works out like crazy. P90X, Insanity, 30DS, and the rest all require more protein than the default here to recover adequately. As I said 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. If you set it at that, you will have a good target to shoot for. Just play around with the percentages a bit to get it there. If you eat a little less some days and a little more others that is fine, but higher protein and high fiber are both research proven things that can help with fat loss. I know my energy level went up when I increased the amount of protein I eat. I also found that post workout muscle soreness really decreased.
  • amberfranklin1
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses. I will try to add more protein.
  • amberfranklin1
    Options
    I live in a rural area so Walmart in the only place to shop, does anyone have suggestions for protein drinks that I can get there?
  • 02lucky
    02lucky Posts: 2
    Options
    On day 1 of month two, do you do the workout before the fit test or vice versa? I am on week four of month1 and am getting a little scared about month two.
  • Nikkilynn32710
    Nikkilynn32710 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    On day 1 of month two, do you do the workout before the fit test or vice versa? I am on week four of month1 and am getting a little scared about month two.

I did the fit test and then the actual workout. The fit test is to see how far you've come. If you're worn out before hand you aren't gonna give it your best.