Should I be eating as many calories as MFP says?

Options
2»

Replies

• Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    A weight deadline for work? Are you a trapeze artist?
  • jourelemode
    Options
    in my opinion, mfp gives a very low estimate. I would never eat as little as it tells me too, but that's just me
  • DevilishDessert
    Options
    hey mines also wrong , i would go on to another site also just to make sure you get it right other wise you will over eat/
    also there are ways of speeding up ur metabolism, by having a cold shower each week, i read this. :)
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    For me a change everything manually and do it according to my specific body and needs... So I manually asjust my carb/prot/fat ratios and the amount of calories I consume...

MFP would make me eat way less and lets just say I get too hungry!! I would look into it your self see what works for you..
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do more than 1500 cals a day. If you workout a bunch, then accomodate your body.:smile:
  • laarkp
    laarkp Posts: 2
    Options
    I think that MFP gives a reasonable estimate, at least for a woman like me-- 5'3-5'4. MFP puts you already on a deficit so that-- if you don't exercise you will eat reasonable (albeit small) amounts of food. This provides incentive to exercise so you can eat back and still hit your calorie mark.
    I'm not going to tell the commenter that said she eats 800 calories/ day to eat more, but obviously, y'all should know that that is not an adequate or healthy amount for an adult. I'd venture to say that the only reason one would have to eat so little is because their metabolism is low from being deprived. Not hating.. I've been there.