Newbie Alert!

Options
Totally new to this website, but it looks awesome! I started my "Life Improvement Strategy" back in November 2011. I did pretty well for about...2 weeks. Then, the holidays happened. Then, life happened. In addition being a full-time nurse and part-time student, I'm also a wife and "Mama" to my 3 furbabies. Oh, and I'm matron of honor in my sister's wedding on June 16, 2012. So, I want to lose a total of 42 pounds. BUT, I want to lose 15 pounds before her wedding. Think I can do it?

Replies

• mpnaegle
    mpnaegle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm relatively new as well...I hear you on the Life Improvement Strategy. November '11 was when I reached my breaking point, after dealing with a series of awful things (deaths in family, getting laid off, too much...). I am 36 years old and am now at my all-time highest weight ever and I don't like what I see...so I am on a mission to lose 55 lbs. (I'm 6' tall and 230 lbs...) Would like to ultimately hit 70 lbs off but I'll wait and see...back to the gym, and hard-core dieting for me. Welcome! I think you can totally hit your goal! Let's stay motivated!!!!!!

Best,

Mark
  • theclutterdiary
    Options
    Hi Mark! Thanks for the support! I'm sorry for the hard months that you have had. I hope that you find the support you need to help you rebound physically, mentally, and emotionally. I once read that the endorphins that are released when a person exercises is like nature's Prozac. I have decided to put that theory to the test! Now, if I can just keep a leash on my motivation....
  • raqueljoliemassoud
    Options
    im new too! feel free to add me :)
  • scottanthonyholmes
    scottanthonyholmes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You can so do 15 lbs by then, I think. I have really found that blogging my journey has really helped keep me accountable. You might try it if you think it is something you would enjoy.

~Scott
    CoachCrystalsPadawan.wordpress.com
  • LaxJac
    LaxJac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can and will reach your goals. Happy to provide support. Feel free to add me. JAC
  • theclutterdiary
    Options
    That's a great idea! Actually, I already have a blog. I think I will post updates once a week on there. I might even add a cutesy tag to it like..."Feelin' Good Friday." I think the accountability that this website and/or my blog will provide will end up be crucial to my success. I'm one of those people that give up on things when:

1) The newness (Read: fun-ness) wears off.
    2) I don't see results like I want. (Read: I'm impatient as hell!)
    3) Something more interesting or important takes my attention away.

Honestly, it's more number 1 and 2. :)