women: what do you wear to the gym?

Options
Sports bras, regular bras, tanks with bras, bralettes, tees, baggy tees, shorts, spanx, yoga pants, leggings, windpants??
I'm not brave enough to wear just a sports bra :/
What do you all wear?

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I generally wear yoga pants and a moisture wicking top with a sports bra. I wear a super support bra on running days and a medium support bra on arc trainer, strength training days. But I always wear a shirt over my sports bra.
  • alikat42
    alikat42 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I only go to the gym on weight training days. I wear flat soled sneakers, ankle socks, basketball shorts, a regular bra, and a cotton tank top.

I run outside other days and wear running shoes, ankle socks, running tights, sports bra, and a moisture wicking tank top.
  • ofthevalley
    Options
    My gym doesn't allow the sports bra only look, not that I'd dare to wear only a sports bra anyway lol.

I wear a sports bra, UA moisture tank or tee, and UA shorts or pants depending on the weather.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    form-fitting workout pants (I prefer capris) and lycra tank/workout top. I'm a fitness instructor and we are not permitted to wear just a sports bra or the super short workout shorts at this Y (not that I would wear that anyway).
  • Jules141C
    Options
    I wear running shorts or capris when it's warm, yoga pants when it's cooler, sports bra and t-shirt. Sometimes I wear a tech t-shirt and sometimes just a regular ol' cotton tee. I don't think I'd ever be brave or confident enough for just a sports bra! lol I prefer to run outside to running on the track at the Y, and I pretty much wear the same types of things. I have two different pairs of gym shoes though. One for running (that is ALL I wear them for) and then another pair for boot camp class or cross training, or when I work out at home.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    What ever is not too stinky
  • nphillips0124
    Options
    Running shorts, t-shirt, shoes, socks. I usually double up on sports bras because I don't like any kind of boob movement :P
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I wear running shorts or Lycra capris with an underwire sports bra topped with a normal sports bra covered with an old navy v neck that's a size or two too big. I need some good lifting shoes (ive been using old running shoes I don't run in anymore), so I'll keep an eye on this thread :)
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I no longer go to the gym..because I have workout equipment at home. I just wear shorts and a tank top.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Generally I'm in lululemon studio capris, with a sports bra and tank on top. My gym is another that won't allow the sports bra only look, which I'm not quite ready for anyways.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    clown shoes , a tiara,fair wings,and neon green tutu,full make up and hair curled
  • brat68
    brat68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    LORNA JANE usually 3/4 leggings with a crop and loose or tight fitting singlet depends on if I am feeling fat at the time.....And ofcourse everything needs to be color co-ordinated!!!
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra under a workout tank or a workout t-shirt. Either lycra capris or workout shorts. If I'm on leg day I wear compression shorts under the workout shorts. Other than that, socks, shoes, my HRM, and my ipod.. LOL
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    One of my goals is to be comfortable wearing just a sports bra to the gym... But, my comfort will require a nice 4 pack of abs which is quite a ways off! ;)

To answer your question... I usually wear a workout tank that has the bra built in and then either capris or pants.
    Sports bras, regular bras, tanks with bras, bralettes, tees, baggy tees, shorts, spanx, yoga pants, leggings, windpants??
    I'm not brave enough to wear just a sports bra :/
    What do you all wear?
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Generally I'm in capri length yoga pants, a sports bra (2 if I'm doing jumping), and a fitted tank.
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    At the gym I typically wear a sports bra a tank top and spandex shorts/yoga pants. At home I wear spanks and a sports bra.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I workout at home so I wear a sports bra and cut off sweat pants.
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I usually go in workout pants sports bra and a beater
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sports bra, yoga pants and whatever singlet smells the least...I prefer wearing tight clothes, I feel like I'm more restricted wearing loose clothes for some reason. :)
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra with a tank top over it and yoga pants. I'm not trying to impress anyone. I just want to work up a good sweat : )