30 Day Shred: Jillian Micheals

Options

Replies

• JillSandm
    JillSandm Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I did Level One, Day Two today! I am so sore, I feel every muscle complain as I move about! I'm holding Jillian to it when she said that by day 6 or 7, we should be feeling much better and be able to tolerate the workout better. Hubby took "before" pics and measurements. Hoping my "afters" will be different enough to notice!
  • pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I have done level 1 multiple times to supplement a day when I can't make it to the gym. Very challenging yet rewarding once you are done. I honestly don't think I could get through level 2. But I am going to give it a shot tomorrow. Hope everyone who does this daily is having wonderful success! Good luck and keep at it!
  • NWdreaming
    NWdreaming Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am around day 20 (but I've taken random rest days if I am sore because I pair it with Shred with Weights every so often). I kind of love it! I love to hate Jillian! Going to move onto Level 3 this week. :) I would say at least half of my current weight loss and inches lost are from this. I had to buy new pants after a week! Good luck ladies!

11490831.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did day 1 today!! I think I will need some motivation along the way!! Feel free to add me if you want a buddy to do it with!
  • Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels (the person, not the marketing ploy) intended the 30 Day Shred to be a workout followed in the following format: 2 days on, 1 day cardio, 2 days on, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest. So when I did the shred, for instance, I did

Mon: 30 DS
    Tues: 30 DS
    Wed: Cardio
    Thurs: 30 DS
    Fri: 30 DS
    Sat: Cardio
    Sun: Rest

Breaking it up did help a lot. I think 30 days straight, or even 5 per week would be too much for the muscles to get optimal healing time. But I guess that's just my preference. :O)
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I will be starting tomorrow as well! Tried to do a full cycle a few months ago but never made it past level 1. Am really going to buckle down and do the 30 days!
  • Yasmeen174
    Yasmeen174 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels (the person, not the marketing ploy) intended the 30 Day Shred to be a workout followed in the following format: 2 days on, 1 day cardio, 2 days on, 1 day cardio, 1 day rest. So when I did the shred, for instance, I did

Mon: 30 DS
    Tues: 30 DS
    Wed: Cardio
    Thurs: 30 DS
    Fri: 30 DS
    Sat: Cardio
    Sun: Rest

Breaking it up did help a lot. I think 30 days straight, or even 5 per week would be too much for the muscles to get optimal healing time. But I guess that's just my preference. :O)

This is great info!!! Thank you so much!
  • Gel978
    Gel978 Posts: 19
    Options
    I just started 30DS again yesterday....I'm hoping to do it 4-5 days a week. I keep getting distracted but summer is almost here & my *kitten* needs to get serious! Hopefully we can keep each other motivated.
  • naalki
    naalki Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi..I was wondering what the difference is between the 30 DS and the 30 DS shred???I am about to get the program on eBay now but not sure which one...Please Help...
  • ToniC9
    ToniC9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in! Just started today and I'm afraid to move-- lol.
  • ToniC9
    ToniC9 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request--- I just started today too.
  • reginapham2
    reginapham2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today was supposed to be Day 3 for me on 30 DS but I think I pulled or pinched a muscle in my right arm. I can't straighten it completely without lots of pain!! What size weights is everyone using? I was using 5 but I guess that maybe they were too heavy? Or maybe I did one of the exercises incorrectly. Who know?! I just put myself on a treadmill for a little while today instead.

I am new to this site and am looking for motivation. Add me if you'd like- I'm sure it would be helpful!
  • MegRuthie
    MegRuthie Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    These threads get so long, so fast! I plan on starting tomorrow. I have never finished it, but I have tried 3 or 4 times. I am MOH for my best friend's wedding ... in 30 days!!

...and my dress doesn't fit. I gained a little weight + the one I tried on in the store was probably stretched out from how much it had been tried on before. I need to lose inches, and FAST.

I will do pictures, because I can never seem to measure correctly and I'm way too embarrassed to have someone measure me. I'll take a photo on Days 1, 10, 20, and 30 then post them :)

I need to keep up with this. Anyone starting it can add me so we can b*tch about how sore we are together! lol
  • Ohjeezitskim
    Ohjeezitskim Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I started last monday and i'm on day 8 today, though I didn't do it yet! Woke up late and went to a job fair.. But since that monday I lost like 3 pounds!
  • naalki
    naalki Posts: 26
    Options
    OMG just bought the box set on EBAY....its the 30 DS and bonus dvds for abs and burning fat...Now it just has to come to mu house and then I will get started,....
  • jolenemp
    jolenemp Posts: 12
    Options
    I have it & enjoyed it . . . I haven't used it since last year. Guess it's time to get back to it!!
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I JUST bought this on Ebay TODAY! lol! Friend me... i'd love to be a part of the group. Can't wait to do some shredding. :smile:

I wish there was some way to have my friends seperated by group so we all know our 30 Day Shred peeps are!! :)

I just joined a group that started yesterday. I think it's private but the person in charge is sparkle126. Maybe she can add you and the other people on this thread. Sorry, I don't know how to link to the group. :embarassed:
  • maryb2374
    maryb2374 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi..I was wondering what the difference is between the 30 DS and the 30 DS shred???I am about to get the program on eBay now but not sure which one...Please Help...

I'm pretty sure they're the same thing. The actual title is 30 Day Shred so I think people abbreviate it 30 DS. I've never seen 30 DS shred before, though.
  • wilkin777
    wilkin777 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm on day 23 and did the 1st 20 days in a row. I think if I did it again I would take 1 day of 7 off. The only tips that I think might be helpful are to wear trainers that give really good support, drink water even though there are technically 'no rests' and keep an eye on joint alignment etc (jillian explains but I didn't pay enough attention 1st time and hurt my knee a bit). I have really enjoyed it so far and will def do it again! Wish you the best of luck with it and hope you enjoy : )
  • kimpein
    kimpein Posts: 7
    Options
    What is the 30 day shred ? I saw a post aout it on pintrest. Is it a video and where do I get it ?