a runnin' fool looking for other runnin' fools

Options
Hi all! I am a runner and I have been since 2006. I have logged over 7000 miles since I started. I am not very competitive. I honestly run "for fun". It's also my main form of stress relief and it allows me to eat cheese & chocolate in copious amounts. :D I am a PhD student in Biostatistics so I need all the stress relief and pavement pounding I can get.

I am looking for some new running friends... I need some inspiration!!

Replies

• janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Runner here, recently got serious about it again! Feel free to add me! Love having other runners in my friends list!
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    HI I'm a runner too, training for my first half marathon. Feel free to add me
  • BeGreat25
    BeGreat25 Posts: 78
    Options
    oh yeah feel free to add me too...I love running! Can sure use extra motivation.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Linda and I'm addicted to running.

(Hi Linda!)

Seriously, I sign up for every race I can. I love it!

Add sent!
  • insaneandroid
    Options
    I am a beginner running and could use the motivation. You can add me if you want.
  • Scottyjones69
    Scottyjones69 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hey Danielle
    much like you i love to run however have only been doing it now for a few months but have logged about 260 miles.
    Im getting in great shape and have lost 64lbs (not just from running but dieting and regular exercise routines). Funny... i was looking on here for a blog about running as im entering in our local half marathon... the first for me (I'm trying to raise money for a rare syndrome called RTS wich my Nephew was born with and has caused him severe mental disabilities among other problems). I've done a little competitive racing in my highschool days but not since. you say you need some inspiration How about a guy that went from 234lbs on dec 17 2011 to 170lbs on april 17 2012 and wants to run a marathon on June 17th 2012 because he loves his handicapped nephew. i could use a little more than inspiration but perhaps a little advice about how to actually finish the race. maybe a few pep talks along the way. I use Nike plus and am up to 4miles 2 times per week then one long run wich is about 6.5 miles wich i havent been able to finish running but the last mile walking. I have another 2 months to train for this and i think i can do it but am looking for support wherever i can find it.
    Any advice you could give would be a great boost for my morale over the next couple months.

thanks in advance Scotty J.

Rubenstein-Taybi Syndrome
    http://www.rubinstein-taybi.org/
    in case anyone wants to know a little more
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    **waving hi***

I've recently been bitten by the running bug. So far I've got a 10 k under my belt (March 17th) and just signed up for my first half (on May 12th). Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've been running for 2 years now and LOVE it, even when I have a cr@ppy run!

Melissa in Michigan
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Right now I'm training for my 1st half marathon.
  • Elizaj85
    Elizaj85 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me to guy's I love running, it was how I got fit after my beautiful little boy was run and am training for my first half marathon this October
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    You can add me. I've been running for 3 years. I'm currently on the taper for my 3rd marathon. At the peak of training I was logging 50+ miles per week. Also, I'm currently working on my masters degree in genetics/molecular biology.
  • SnookiBaby92
    Options
    Hi,

I want to get myself into running and starting a group next wednesday, I would love to have some running friends on here!!

Soo everyone add me if you like?

xxx
  • capabledesire
    Options
    I keep trying my best to be a runner. one of the things I've always liked about running is how much others hate it and tell me they would never do it. Makes me feel kinda cool to be in a smaller group of people I guess. I've come a long way but still have some work to do. I'm doing 10 miles in the cherry creek sneak on April 29th and I have my 3rd half marathon on May 20th. I could use the support of others to keep me going.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/47-happy-feet-runners-unite

Check out this group...and anyone can feel free to add me.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I'm a fairly new runner, just started last summer. I don't have the distance thing down yet and still need plenty of walking breaks. That said, I noticed we're in the same area, so feel free to add me as a friend if you need someone local to exercise with.