Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Newbie Alert!

Totally new to this website, but it looks awesome! I started my "Life Improvement Strategy" back in November 2011. I did pretty well for about...2 weeks. Then, the holidays happened. Then, life happened. In addition being a full-time nurse and part-time student, I'm also a wife and "Mama" to my 3 furbabies. Oh, and I'm matron of honor in my sister's wedding on June 16, 2012. So, I want to lose a total of 42 pounds. BUT, I want to lose 15 pounds before her wedding. Think I can do it?

Replies

• mpnaegle
    mpnaegle Posts: 15 Member
    Hey!

I'm relatively new as well...I hear you on the Life Improvement Strategy. November '11 was when I reached my breaking point, after dealing with a series of awful things (deaths in family, getting laid off, too much...). I am 36 years old and am now at my all-time highest weight ever and I don't like what I see...so I am on a mission to lose 55 lbs. (I'm 6' tall and 230 lbs...) Would like to ultimately hit 70 lbs off but I'll wait and see...back to the gym, and hard-core dieting for me. Welcome! I think you can totally hit your goal! Let's stay motivated!!!!!!

Best,

Mark
  • Hi Mark! Thanks for the support! I'm sorry for the hard months that you have had. I hope that you find the support you need to help you rebound physically, mentally, and emotionally. I once read that the endorphins that are released when a person exercises is like nature's Prozac. I have decided to put that theory to the test! Now, if I can just keep a leash on my motivation....
  • im new too! feel free to add me :)
  • scottanthonyholmes
    scottanthonyholmes Posts: 23 Member
    You can so do 15 lbs by then, I think. I have really found that blogging my journey has really helped keep me accountable. You might try it if you think it is something you would enjoy.

~Scott
    CoachCrystalsPadawan.wordpress.com
  • LaxJac
    LaxJac Posts: 52 Member
    You can and will reach your goals. Happy to provide support. Feel free to add me. JAC
  • That's a great idea! Actually, I already have a blog. I think I will post updates once a week on there. I might even add a cutesy tag to it like..."Feelin' Good Friday." I think the accountability that this website and/or my blog will provide will end up be crucial to my success. I'm one of those people that give up on things when:

1) The newness (Read: fun-ness) wears off.
    2) I don't see results like I want. (Read: I'm impatient as hell!)
    3) Something more interesting or important takes my attention away.

Honestly, it's more number 1 and 2. :)