60+ lbs gone. Got some new manly muscles too!

Options

Replies

• FreshStart89
    FreshStart89 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i LOVE your story!! you look amazing. way to go hun!
  • Gordie580
    Gordie580 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
  • bolderopal
    bolderopal Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! My goodness! Even in your before pictures, I thought the same thing- you have a smile that radiates.

I dealt with some serious anxiety/depression for a while, and one thing that took me a while to try was positive self talk. I felt so dumb doing it, and I thought it would be a waste of time, but it ACTUALLY WORKS. I started saying things to myself like "today you are better", "You are in the process of healing", etc. Basically, whatever I said to myself I made sure my language was progressive- as in, acknowledge that I currently AM this positive thing, rather than saying "I will". Even if it starts super tiny (which it did for me), it will grow, just keep doing it. I promise, it is worth it!
  • mariea_bo
    mariea_bo Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job.
  • cjstagg
    cjstagg Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You are beautiful, girl! Thanks for posting your story! Such an inspiration.
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look great girl! Good luck to you on the rest of your journey, but honestly, if you stayed at where you are now, I think you would be fine. :)
  • jenslife82
    jenslife82 Posts: 229
    Options
    Amazing story! I'm about to finish week 2 of c25k (3weeks in lol) love that it seems like its gonna work! Hopefully I'll have a great story to help encourage others someday too! Yours certainly motivates me :)
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Seriously! You look younger now too! You've done so well, I can't wait to get results like you! Keep up the great work! And thanks for the inspiration!

Edited because I went back and got my cookie! haha But really, wow! I started at 225 and I'm 5'4 and you have seriously given me some motivation! I really needed to read and see your pics! You are just incredible! You should love the body you have carved out and should have plenty of high self esteem because you are rockin them after pics! Well done! I'm glad to hear the eat more thing is helping you! I have made a friend on here who started the group Eat more to weigh less and it's so true, your body definitely responds to the extra cals and drops the weight! Keep doing what you're doing!
  • TashaKittie
    TashaKittie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    At 5'5" and starting weight of around 235, I understand your struggles and triumphs! You truly are an inspiration. I hope that I can fit into a size 8 one day.
    Keep up the excellent work and I hope that I can be someones inspiration like you are!
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    All I can say is WOW!!!! You look great and should be so proud of what you have accomplished. I am were you used to be and you are where i want to be ... I love being able to see pics of someone who has done it and you have certainly inspired me ... off to go do some exercise. thank you so much. :)
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful story. And wonderfully written so that I could laugh with you as well as feel your pain.

I can tell you this...YOU LOOK WONDERFUL!!!! Totally amazing. Maybe you are down a little today, but I am SURE things will be better when you go back and read everything!

KEEP UP THE OUTSTANDING WORK!
  • Front_Runner
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!! Those muscles are flipping awesome! Great work! Never doubt how wonderful you are... you've done some incredible stuff here. Congratulations!
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Also, we have the same comforter and dust ruffle.
  • Hopey33
    Hopey33 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting. i am at that stage where i am looking at other's successes to try to motivate me. you have helped in seeing that the long road is the right one. thanks for sharing. congrats , you look fabulous!
  • heathera1980
    Options
    nice work! :smile:
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your story, it is beautiful. :)
  • madeinforks
    madeinforks Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You have done an amazing job getting to where you are and you are a beautiful young lady! Thanks for sharing that inspirational story!
  • MrsSamB
    MrsSamB Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Very nicely done! Keep up the good work.
  • amymimi12
    amymimi12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Incredibly inspiring, and it's so good to hear that slow and steady can work. Depression is always the enemy, but we'll get there! You look BEAUTIFUL!
  • Jonnelle06
    Options
    You should feel good about yourself you look freaking awesome..It really does take time to feel good about yourself take it one day at a time..
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!