What nuts do I eat?? ;)

Options
Ok....here it goes...I'm having a hard time eating enough calories....so I haven't been keeping up with my diary. It keeps telling me that I'm eating too few calories, etc. I have been going through and reading tips and such and I've seen this advice several times, "eat nuts". But what kind? Is every nut created equal? If anyone could shed some light on the topic, I'd apprciate it, cause it's driving me nuts! <---*sorry! I couldn't help it!!* :)

Replies

• Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Well, which one(s) do you like? Pick that one.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Any and all! No sense eating ones you don't like ;-) They all have different health benefits - just need to be careful because they vary WIDELY on cals and fat :-) Enjoy!!
  • mkbledsoe
    mkbledsoe Posts: 132
    Options
    I love cashews and almonds. Both are around 170 calories for 1/4 cup.
  • THINandFABULOUS
    Options
    Cashews, almonds and macadamia nuts are my favorites. Pick up a trail mix bag with some nuts, dried fruit and chocolate chips or something. That should help boost your cal intake. Good luck!
  • campi_mama
    campi_mama Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Brazil nuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds.... top 4 for me. Watch your portion size and enjoy :smile: There are so many yummy choices.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Almonds are the only nut officially considered a super food, if that helps. I prefer pistachios, myself. Also, even though they aren't technically nuts, peanuts work well.

Obviously if you have a specific nut allergy, avoid that one.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    pistachio, almonds, cashews, walnuts. Chop them up a bit (but not finely chopped). put them in a jar and then fill the jar with honey. Very tasty 90 cal per tbsp health snack
  • katiedidd66
    Options
    Almonds & pine nuts
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i vote for pistachios, cashews and almonds... my favs. :)
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I think Almonds and Walnuts have the most health benefits, but I don't care for them by themselves so I usually put them on salads. For eating plain, I love Cashews and Pistachios. Some of those and a stick of light string cheese is my usual evening snack.
  • onewithwings
    Options
    I like Brazil nuts and pecans.
  • RainxPain
    RainxPain Posts: 152
    Options
    Captain D's nuts.
  • kikakiss
    kikakiss Posts: 7
    Options
    Lol. :). I like almonds, there are 100 cal packs that include almonds and walnuts.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You could even consider nut butters. Almond, natural peanut butter, cashew, lots of options in the natural food stores..... I also like Emerald brand Cocoa Roasted almonds (they only have 4 grams of sugar despite tasting VERY chocolatey!)
  • superstankazz
    Options
    I'm a low carber so naturally I would go with macadamia nuts because they are loaded with healthy fat. I eat them almost everyday:)
  • Kell_Smurthwaite
    Kell_Smurthwaite Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Any nuts you fancy - just watch the fat in them doesn't send you over your allowance in that area. I also find drinking milk adds some extra calories. I drink skimmed milk, so there's no added fat there. If I'm seriously low on the day, I'l allow myself a low-cal hot chocolate drink made with skimmed milk instead of water to give me an extra boost. You could also try an omlette - a couple of eggs would add around 140 cals.
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My trainer raves about almonds, walnuts and dried apricots (obviously not a nut, but throwing it in there!).
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Almonds are one of the best nuts you can buy.
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    sunflower and pumpkin seed
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    I would say raw almonds but all nuts have benefits. I eat 10 almonds a day :wink: