Husband & Family Support???

Options
My husband has always done most of the cooking (he enjoys it.) He understands and appears to support my goals. But then he will bring home a *treat* for me! He does not force it into my mouth, but these are quite early days and sugar has long been my Achilles heel! Anyone else have similar issues

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    yes..my wife does the same thing. she does it because she knows i like the particular junk she brings home. she is trying to be sweet, but at the same time knows i am trying to keep in shape. i have asked her to not do it, but she still does. i just gave up and make sure if i do eat that treat, i make sure it stays within my calorie allotment.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    My bf supports me all the way.. Every time when we went out before we used to go get some tacos, he just loves mexican food, now when we go out he is like ´where to?´... I know he likes tacos so Im always saying him, lets go there, I know you want that, and he answers ´no, I cant do that to you´
    We dont live together, but he is the same when he comes over and chill here, or when I go to his place. He wont eat in front of me anything I cant enjoy.
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    I am wanting to be healthier but my boyfriend and I will go food shopping or go out to lunch/dinner and he will always get everything bad...I ask for water he gets pepsi...it is really frustrating! I was hoping that i would encourage him to try but there is no changing that boy!
  • ErikaNichele
    Options
    YES!!... My husband does the same thing...I tell him that he is trying to sabotage me! He brought home a gigantic Reese's peanut butter egg for easter it was 220 cal for 1/4 of it... Really hubby?? He does it all the time I just want to punch him sometimes.... :devil:
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    my husband likes taking me out to eat because he enjoys it. i am trying to lose weight. gahhhh but he is sweet!
  • flopsy1973
    Options
    My husband and daughter are supportive as they too are watching their weight. My son however is a different matter. He seems to take great delight in eating anything and everything he can in front of me (it doesn't bother any more). He has also been moaning he is sick of eating low fat foods. Funny how it only tastes horrible now he knows it is low fat as he has been eating the same things for months and not said a word. He's lucky he can eat and eat but not put weight on :grumble:
  • Iheartpsychosis
    Options
    YES!!... My husband does the same thing...I tell him that he is trying to sabotage me! He brought home a gigantic Reese's peanut butter egg for easter it was 220 cal for 1/4 of it... Really hubby?? He does it all the time I just want to punch him sometimes.... :devil:

^This.
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I think my hubby wants me to stay fat. The kids say this is my journey not theirs. Could be why I am addicted to this site!
  • willyzification
    willyzification Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My bf supports me all the way.. Every time when we went out before we used to go get some tacos, he just loves mexican food, now when we go out he is like ´where to?´... I know he likes tacos so Im always saying him, lets go there, I know you want that, and he answers ´no, I cant do that to you´
    We dont live together, but he is the same when he comes over and chill here, or when I go to his place. He wont eat in front of me anything I cant enjoy.

I think I love your bf! (metaphorically of course :D) If only I knew people who would be supportive in THIS manner.
  • paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ This... my husband is perhaps the sweetest and most supportive you can find...
  • willyzification
    Options
    ^^^^ This... my husband is perhaps the sweetest and most supportive you can find...

SOOOOO jealous right now.. T.T
    The people I know just go blah blah blah doing it wrong, blah blah eat whatever you want its ok, blah blah blah doing weights will cause injury and back problems, blah blah blah (add something ridiculously stupid here) blah blah... STFU PLEASE!!! omg. Leave me alone to do what I want because in the end its my life and body. Not only that, im seeing some good progress!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    awww you are making me feel real lucky now :smooched:
  • bailamulata
    Options
    augghhhh... and I thought my hubby was the only sabotaging partner... he definitely likes thinner women... in fact, when I was 132lbs over 2 years ago he became a little jealous and over protective. He would see me looking at shoes and clothes and actually insist I get them... but right now at my current weight of 167lbs he doesn't say anything (which says a lot if you know what I mean) but not only that... he will buy me treats as a "surprise"... he will come home with krispy kreme donuts, chocolate covered strawberries, and just last night he got me a red velvet cup cake! Just the cup cake with a whole half a cup of cheese cream frosting was 490 cals! :grumble: Just like it was mentioned above... he doesn't shove it down my throat... but it's hard to see it and not want to eat it.. plus my upbringing was "don't waste food, eat it all, there are people starving around the world" so I hate to waste/throw out food. In fact, the red velvet cupcake is right next to me at the computer... with about 20% of it bitten off :tongue:
  • willyzification
    Options
    augghhhh... and I thought my hubby was the only sabotaging partner... he definitely likes thinner women... in fact, when I was 132lbs over 2 years ago he became a little jealous and over protective. He would see me looking at shoes and clothes and actually insist I get them... but right now at my current weight of 167lbs he doesn't say anything (which says a lot if you know what I mean) but not only that... he will buy me treats as a "surprise"... he will come home with krispy kreme donuts, chocolate covered strawberries, and just last night he got me a red velvet cup cake! Just the cup cake with a whole half a cup of cheese cream frosting was 490 cals! :grumble: Just like it was mentioned above... he doesn't shove it down my throat... but it's hard to see it and not want to eat it.. plus my upbringing was "don't waste food, eat it all, there are people starving around the world" so I hate to waste/throw out food. In fact, the red velvet cupcake is right next to me at the computer... with about 20% of it bitten off :tongue:

NO STOP! THROW THAT ACCURSED DEMON OUT THE WINDOW NOW! LITERALLY!!
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    This past week I've finished workouts to find donuts, Mexican food and Chinese food. It makes things tough, and makes me angry.
  • amortize20
    amortize20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My wife is the same, she buys nuts and kilo bags of sweets which amount to nothing but sugar. she'll sit and eat them whilst we watch tv at the end of the day. me sat there, knowing i don't have the calories to have even one lol.

having said that, i'm the one losing weight because i'm the one that used to eat too much. so i can't expect her to change just to make me feel better about myself. :ohwell:
  • bailamulata
    Options

NO STOP! THROW THAT ACCURSED DEMON OUT THE WINDOW NOW! LITERALLY!!

You are too cool and funny! :laugh:
  • BecsWeeble
    Options
    I have my Dad and my Nephew living with me. My Dad is a chocoholic and has tried several times to stop me seeing his stash, but I hear him rattling bags all the time and after a few days of trying they are back out in the open again. I also do the shopping and the cooking so have his foods around me all the time.

My Nephew, however is a model and even questions the healthy food I'm eating now, he keeps me on track to an extent, but does try to take over my food choices.

Becs
  • BarbaraGolder
    Options
    Hi, I work partly as a weight loss consultant (although I struggle with my own weight), and think that loved ones try to sabotage you as they love you as you are, and worry about what will happen when you change. Maybe some reassurance and involvement for them may help. Hope this may be useful to someone. Barbara
  • bailamulata
    Options
    Hi, I work partly as a weight loss consultant (although I struggle with my own weight), and think that loved ones try to sabotage you as they love you as you are, and worry about what will happen when you change. Maybe some reassurance and involvement for them may help. Hope this may be useful to someone. Barbara

Thank you Barbara... what you said makes a lot of sense to me :flowerforyou: