really! really?

Options
I've been looking at the message boards to catch up after a few days and I followed a link from a post and ended up here:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calories_burned.htm

I was just curious about the 'calories burned' list and looked through it.

I looked up: 40 minutes Elliptical Trainer, Moderate Effort 242 calories

BUT then scrolling down I saw this: 40 minutes Whirlpool, Sitting 256 calories

So, is it true????? Can I sit in a whirlpool and burn off that many calories?????? If so, where do I buy this magical whirlpool??

Replies

• migoi357
    migoi357 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You can probably find the magic whirlpool right next to the vibrating belt machine that jiggles all the fat away.

I'm very leery of "guides" that give calories burned figures for machines with adjustable resistance levels.
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If I find the magic whirlpool i'll be living in it and eating cake! :laugh:
  • Gertie_Brinks
    Options
    You can probably find the magic whirlpool right next to the vibrating belt machine that jiggles all the fat away.

I'm very leery of "guides" that give calories burned figures for machines with adjustable resistance levels.

I had forgotten about those vibrating belt machines!1 They weren't on that list. I can think of a few thing a vibrating belt machine would be good for but it has nothing to do with weight loss.

I use a HRM to track my calories burnt when I do exercise, I just find these list rather amusing. The whirlpool was a new one :happy:
  • dorkusmalorkus
    Options
    forget the cake, cinnamon rolls are where its at! i cant remember the last time i had one! may we set off down the yellow brick road?:happy: