Least favorite 30 DS moves

Options
Ok, so I'm on level 2, so, at this point, I have no idea what is even *in* level 3... But so far, the exercises that I really hated from levels 1 & 2 are:

Level 1
Push ups
Jump rope
Bicycle crunch

Level 2
Squat thrusts
Chair squat with V raise
Double crunch
Double jump rope (I actually haven't tried this, today was day 4 and so far I've stuck with the modification, which is the jump rope move from level 1, which I'm now expert at lol)

What moves are the killers for YOU? :smile:

Replies

• Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm on level 2, so, at this point, I have no idea what is even *in* level 3... But so far, the exercises that I really hated from levels 1 & 2 are:

Level 1
    Push ups
    Jump rope
    Bicycle crunch

Level 2
    Squat thrusts
    Chair squat with V raise
    Double crunch
    Double jump rope (I actually haven't tried this, today was day 4 and so far I've stuck with the modification, which is the jump rope move from level 1, which I'm now expert at lol)

What moves are the killers for YOU? :smile:

Level 1:
    Bicycle crunch as my right hip clicks really badly :(

Level 2:
    Squat thrusts
    Double Jump rope (I couldn't do it, I don't seem to have any co-ordination lol)

Level 3:
    Side planks

I am sure there were other moves in level 2 that I hated but I think it terrorised me so bad, I have blocked them out lol (I know that level 2 actually made me cry lol)

I actually like level 3 best then level 1, level 2 is the route of all evil!!! LOL x
  • a_new_dawn
    a_new_dawn Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Bicycle crunches are by far the worst on level 1!
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Level one: side lunges with shoulder raise

Level two: plank jacks, seated squat with v raise.

I actually hate 90% of level two, can't wait for it to be over!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm still on level one, and I just cant do the push ups for the life of me! I have torn ligaments in my left arm and therefore never put pressure on that arm/wrist, what can I do instead? I do try to do them but I suck and it hurts! :)

I also find the side lunge while lifting the weights infront of me very very hard and tend to just use one weight and hold it on each side :P
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    side plank with knee raise! YUK
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Level one: side lunges with shoulder raise

Level two: plank jacks, seated squat with v raise.

I actually hate 90% of level two, can't wait for it to be over!

This exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Level 1: Anterior raises with side lunge

Level 2: Pendulum lunges

Level 3: Haven't done it yet, so answer is TBD.

Good luck everyone and keep shredding! =)
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i hate star jumps and jump rope purely for the jiggle factor !!!! that shhhh hurts im telling ya !!

and it has to be those pesky bicycle crunches !!
  • mollymasm
    mollymasm Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I literallt hate most of Level 2, I was never motivated to do it.

However I enjoy Level 3, Jillian and the girls also seem more fun on this level!
  • Rivka007
    Rivka007 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am on D8L3 and I love it! I never got the hang of the chair squat V raise in level 2 - that was my least favorite move of all! I am finding level 3 to be easier than level 2, and I like the moves SO much better. Hang in there!!!
  • mummma
    Options
    I'm still on level one, and I just cant do the push ups for the life of me! I have torn ligaments in my left arm and therefore never put pressure on that arm/wrist, what can I do instead? I do try to do them but I suck and it hurts! :)

I also find the side lunge while lifting the weights infront of me very very hard and tend to just use one weight and hold it on each side :P

i go to physio for a problem with my tendons in both my hands, and i remember asking her what i should do when working out at home and struggling for 1 part because of my hands.... her answer was... if in doubt crunch... spose she just wanted to advise me to keep going with something else for that period and try not to injure myself anymore x
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I actually love Level 2 - it's my favourite! Least favourites would be jumping lunges and rock star jumps both of which appear in L3 (hmm, plyometrics seem to be my least favourites in all JM's workouts!). I do love the walking plank and plank rows from L3 though - feel so strong when I do them!

ETA: Oh yeah, chair squats with v raise = pure evil but at least I know I'm nearly done when they come round!
  • speediejane
    speediejane Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    jumping jack to much wobbling about
  • ilvmykidz
    ilvmykidz Posts: 66
    Options
    Level 1: Side lunge with anterior raise and jumping jacks (I know that is silly but I have really big boobs and those really hurt lol and it kills my ankles)

Level 2: EVERYTHING! lol But especially the squat trusts and the squats with the V raise is the WORST. I can not wait to move to level 3! lol
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    any of the shoulder raise moves... chair squat w/ V raise and the side lunges w/ anterior raises...

also those sumo-squat-jump-thingers (no idea what the real name is) in level 3 are pretty brutal!!!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that people are saying level 3 is better than level 2!
    ETA: Oh yeah, chair squats with v raise = pure evil but at least I know I'm nearly done when they come round!
    The chair squats with the V raise ARE the devil! lol
  • bwmiller1
    bwmiller1 Posts: 98
    Options
    level 1, the side lunges with shoulder raises. level 2, the plank with the oblique twist at the end. I don't get how they rotate their trunks so far. Another 5 to go before level 3. Can't wait.
  • mummma
    Options
    thanks girls... really making me look forward to level 2..... not ! lol x
  • silkandsugar
    Options
    Chair squat V raise OMG.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    thanks girls... really making me look forward to level 2..... not ! lol x
    Sorry... lol It's not unbearable or anything. It DOES make me sweat more than level 1 did... And my HRM tells me I'm burning a bit more. I'm hoping that in a couple days it will start getting a bit easier like level 1 did.