Need some motivation

Options
I'm a 38-yr-old mom of 2 (and wife of 1, :wink: ). After trying on some of last summer's pants and discovering that I can't zip them, I decided to give this a go again. I've done calorie tracking before (calorie king) and it's always been motivating for me. I'm an accountant, so I like to 'track' things anyway. I'd love to get back to my pre-mommy weight of about 120 - 130. 120 may be on the low side, but I know I can get to 130 and be healthy. So, that's about 15 lbs away (after losing 4 pounds last week).

I also travel one day a week and have found it difficult to resist the eating temptations when my company is paying for those meals.

Would love to have some more like-minded friends on here to keep each other motivated.

Replies

• kegrivergirl
    Options
    Good Morning! We can all use some motivation and incentive to meet our goals! Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    I'm a similar age (37), similar family (2 boys and a husband), and have a similar target (GW is 125) - and I have clothes that won't fasten too!!

The only difference is I don't have a "paid" job, but I did have until 18 mos ago. I chose to quit because it wasn't really financially worthwhile, but I do remember the rare occasions when I got a meal on expenses - very tempting to blow the budget, money and calorie wise! When I was seriously "dieting" I would treat myself to a huge salad with a little bit of everything (well, everything I eat!) - but it's difficult to enjoy that when everyone else is having fried food and cream cakes!

Every journey begins with a single step - and you've taken that first step, so if you want a companion on the journey, feel free to add me as a friend.